This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WP JobSearch offers recruiters user type to post jobs, the form shows locations in all languages(if translated) Solution: The plugin should be patched as explained here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-jobsearch-search-bar-shows-locations-from-all-languages/#post-4581609

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rohanK 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4582265

rohanK

Maybe we should simply keep this one, it will be more simple.Note that when we are login as a recruiter and try to post a job via this link, the country field show all languages too: hidden link
user: sophierecruit
password: cestuntest

Can you escalate the issue then to understand what is wrong now?

Thanks for letting me know,

Kind regards,

Sophie

September 16, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4582275

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Please reproduce this issue on the test server and let me escalate it to our compatibility team.
hidden link

Let me know if there are any steps you have done(recruiter dashboard creation, where you setup recruiters).

Best regards,
Jamal

September 16, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4582455

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

I did reproduce an account for employers login: "recruit" password: cestuntest18 : hidden link

But the issue does not appear netiher. Is it thanks to the code you implemented for the job search bar :D? Can you implement it on internationalrecruitmentagency.com? and let me know what the developers of the job bard should do for the next update?

Thanks a lot for your help 😀

September 17, 2019 at 9:18 am #4586967

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I can't really tell if it is resolved with the fix we already implemented. We should test it on your site or on a site that does not have the patch.
Unfortunately, I crashed internationalrecruitmentagency.com and I need FTP access to recover it. Please provide FTP access and let me resolve the 500 errors.
If this resolves the dropdown, I'll write in details what the developers should do to support WPML in this case.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 17, 2019 at 10:21 am #4587611

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Indeed, the patch we have suggested you has resolved the issue for the post-job page, the locations are not duplicated in the countries dropdown.

You can tell the plugin authors to use our code for their function as explained in my reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-jobsearch-search-bar-shows-locations-from-all-languages/#post-4581609

You may also ask them to join our Go Global Program https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ in order to make the plugin fully compatible with WPML.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with 🙂

Best regards,
Jamal

September 17, 2019 at 11:36 am #4588045

rohanK

My issue is resolved now. Thank you so much, yo are fantastic Jamal! Thanks for your incredible follow up and support throughout this project! I will follow up with the job developers 😉

I wish you a wonderful day,

Kind regards,

Sophie