This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
February 27, 2019 at 3:25 am #3248316

jamsrandorjd

My site is in 2 languages, english and japanese. after updating the latest WPML, some posts (3 categories in japanese) do not show.
Could you help me with this?

Thanks

February 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #3251691

jamsrandorjd

Is anyone here?

February 27, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3251771

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please excuse the waiting time to respond to your ticket. I will take care of your problem.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot where exactly appear the error?

I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Thank you

Kind Regards
Marcel

February 28, 2019 at 9:58 am #3254486

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the Details. I was able to see and reconstruct your error and will search for a solution.

One question please:
Could you please tell me if the Widget was created with custom code on the right site, as it's not part in the Theme / Menu or Widget area (only Social Media Buttons)

Because I found several redirect errors in the categories like this: "hidden link"

Thank you

Kind Regards
Marcel

February 28, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3255589

jamsrandorjd

Thank you very much.

The site was created by someone else so I am not sure about the right side. Sorry for not being helpful.

I noticed some other errors as well.
1. posts in japanese shows in english home page and vice versa
2. menu shoes in english in japanese page
ex: home page in japanese
link in middle of ( 代行・休講情報はこちらをご覧ください。) at home page in japanese leads to a page where menu is in english and content is in japanese.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks in advance

Jamsrandroj

February 28, 2019 at 5:43 pm #3256894

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I see that the two entries for the Japanese sidebar are not translated (anymore?). Was this translated before you did the update?
hidden link

I also updated to our newly released WPML 4.2.4, and the Japanese Menu Translation works again.

For the sidebar, it looks like this is an old custom code solution (PHP Files for Widgets in Theme) which calls the page + language code additional before the URL is loaded as mentioned earlier. I will need to run a few tests and update you asap.

Kind Regards
Marcel

February 28, 2019 at 5:56 pm #3256964

jamsrandorjd

Thank you.
The two entries (beyoga blog, kumiko blog) was not translated before the update. So no worry about this.

Thanks again
Jamsrandorj

March 2, 2019 at 3:43 pm #3264772

jamsrandorjd

How is it going?

March 4, 2019 at 2:11 pm #3269207

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

please excuse the delay. I had to run some tests and found out, that the problem with the empty category and the "Sorry, this content is only available in 日本語." message only appear with your "Celebrate" Theme.

I switched to the basic Twenty Seventeen theme and was able to see all posts. Also, the wrong redirection in this link (like the complete message) is part of your Theme.

This Theme didn't get any Updates since December 2013 and it was never tested from our Compatibility Team. So you will probably get this page without custom modification not working on a modern WP 5.1 environment with the latest WPML updates.

I would suggest you get in contact with the person who developed this site, as the Widget sections look like a custom PHP modification or switch to a modern, supported Theme.

Your Theme page: https://wordpress.org/themes/celebrate/
You can find tested Themes from authors we work close together here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Kind Regards
Marcel