This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 8:32 am #3660667

philipH-5

I'm trying to prevent login urls (callbacks urls) from being cached in WPML Tables (wp_icl_string_urls, wp_icl_string_pages).

I tried as suggested to disable the plugin domain in the 'String Translation' page, but it didn't help.

Best regards

April 23, 2019 at 9:11 am #3661231

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm not sure that I completely understand what you mean when you say: "login URLs (callbacks urls)"
Could you please elaborate on this issue?
Which URLs are those?
Are you referring to wp-login.php?
You mentioned that you tried something that was suggested.
Could you please send me the link to where you saw a suggestion about this issue?
You also mention a plugin.
Could you please tell me which plugin are you referring to and how it is connected to the issue?

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 23, 2019 at 9:33 am #3661391

philipH-5

Hi,

I'm using OpenId Connect Generic Client (https://wordpress.org/plugins/daggerhart-openid-connect-generic/) to secure my website.
The Identity Provider redirects each user to the following url : '/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=openid-connect-authorize&state={generated-state}'

Each time a user logs in, a new row is created in wp_icl_string_urls, and more than 10 rows are created in wp_icl_string_pages: this causes those tables to grow constantly. (and that creates performances issues after some days, when the table reaches 30 millions rows)

I contacted support earlier today via the chat, and the supporter suggested me this : 'What you can do to avoid that is just select all the domains you do not want to register (you can do that in WPML > String Translation, almost at the bottom of the page)'
The ticket was closed before I could send back my feedback, that's why I'm opening a new one.

I tried this, but it didn't do anything.

Any idea how I can solve this ?

April 24, 2019 at 11:26 am #3672105

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Since unregistering, the domain of this plugin does not help; I believe we are looking here at a compatibility issue, and we should debug it like that. The OpenID Connect Generic Client is not in our compatibility list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
I've also checked our internal documentation, and I can't find anything about this plugin. It is not known to us. Usually, when we have such compatibility issues with other plugins, the procedure is like so. First, we replicate the issue on a clean WordPress installation, and then we escalate it to our compatibility team. They try to find a fix for this issue, and if they cannot fix it themselves, they contact the developers of the plugin and try to work with them on solving the issue and also making their plugin compatible with WPML. Unfortunately, I cannot start this procedure with the OpenID Connect Generic Client plugin because it is not maintained for the last six month and not compatible with the latest WordPress version. In such cases, our compatibility can't help. This is a ground rule that we have.

At this point, I would suggest you use another plugin or method that would achieve what you need and work with WPML. I think that it would also be the wise thing to do even without the issue with WPML. It is always recommended to work with maintained themes and plugins.

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Prevent login urls to be cached in WPML tables’ is closed to new replies.