This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 11:05 am #3671881

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

At the moment I’m a few days out of town, so I will be able to start testing again next week, upon which I will update this ticket again.

Sounds like a plan!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 27, 2019 at 9:34 am #3695081

Pieter

Will get back to this beginning next week

April 27, 2019 at 10:04 am #3695133

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Ok.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 30, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3711331

Pieter

Hi Bruno,

Today I have had a chance to work on this site again.

I am happy to inform you that not only have I been able to add the es-us language to the site, I have also managed to add 3 other languages to the site with the "odd" language-code structure.

Also duplicating from different sources that by themselves also started as duplicates is working and no problems at all.

So the issue that has been the source and cause of all problems we have had is the ACFML plugin version 1.2, which we have now fixed on version 1.1 and will not update anymore as we cannot afford to have any troubles with this.

Something to keep in mind when you guys go blindly adding unnecessary features to addons is to thoroughly test things in a large pool of scenarios and not only the scenarios that are standard ones.

We have wasted an enormous amount of resources through this ACFML 1.2 "stunt" and we have to be more and more careful with WPML when another set of updates is released. It is a real pity that things are going this way and it opens the door to the competition I think.

April 30, 2019 at 1:14 pm #3711335

Pieter

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/previously-working-translations-fall-apart-when-new-language-is-added/page/2/#post-3711331 says it all