This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, please make sure you are using the latest WPML 4.3.14 before reporting an issue, thanks!

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 2:13 pm #5832889

florianB-27

I have created an order and want to edit the product price inside Order.

Manually editing price, I want to change the price "before discount"

Error - reset after saving --> this screenshot is showing that the price did not apply and was reset.

April 3, 2020 at 2:40 pm #5833059

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

this ticket was converted to a forum ticket.

In the meantime, I have tried to replicate the issue on a clean install, and it seems all is working correctly on my side. Please check the attached screenshot.

1) Since you are using WPML and Woocommerce and they require a lot of memory, please update memory limit values:

Please open and add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code. This file is located in your website's root folder.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Link: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

2) Please make a backup before proceeding.

Can you please try disabling all other nonrelated plugins and test with just WPML plugins and WooCommerce active?

Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way.

Regards,
Drazen

April 3, 2020 at 2:51 pm #5833295

florianB-27

I did what you said, but it still doesn't work for me.

What you did is to just change the price in the 2nd line (price after discount). What I want to do is to change the price before discount, so that no discount is displayed.
This is easily possible if WCML is disabled, but not possible if WCML is enabled.

The debug information I submitted is from my live installation where all other plugins are enabled. But I also tested it without any other plugin enabled.

April 6, 2020 at 8:39 am #5845451

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Thanks for the update.

1) I tried editing price before discount, with WCML/WPML activated and deactivated and I am getting the same behavior on a clean install.

Can you please check the video and let me know if I am replicating the issue correctly.
- hidden link

2) Check if any errors appear when trying to save Price before discount:

- Console errors.

More info: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/#step-3-diagnosis

- WordPress error

Please enable WordPress error logging that will save all errors in a file called debug.log, log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Let me know if any errors showing up in debug.log.

More info: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

3) Let me know if possible to create a staging site with the same issue or to share Duplicator copy, so I can check and investigate the issue further. Let me know and I will provide you with more instructions.

Thanks,
Drazen

April 6, 2020 at 12:41 pm #5848649

florianB-27

Hi Drazen,

thank you for your reply and the testing.
It is good to see that it works on your side with the clean install. Surprisingly, it still not works for me, even if I disable all plugins except Woocommerce and WPML/WCML.
I have made several tests on my staging page including existing and new orders. Always the same behaviour: the "before discount" price will reset to its original value.
I think it is caused by another plugin, but still I don't know why the issue won't disappear with all other plugin switched off. Maybe it's caused by meta data of the product that is not visible by default...

Maybe it's the best if you take a look by yourself.
I would like to share the access to the staging page to you. Please open the according field so that I can submit the login details.

Thank you and regards,
Florian

April 6, 2020 at 1:56 pm #5849171

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Thanks, Florian.

You are right, it could be some compatibility issue.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your staging website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) just in case

I would need to access your site's wp-admin and FTP account. I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

I suggest you create a temporary user, set it as an administrator and then add those credentials in the fields mentioned above.

You can safely add your information into these fields. I would also need your permission to access the database as well.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

April 7, 2020 at 7:46 am #5854417

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the info. I have checked your website and found what is causing the issue. After all, it looks like it is a WCML bug since I was able to reproduce the issue on a clean install.

This issue happens only if WCML multi-currency mode is enabled, otherwise changing the price before discount and total work correctly.

I will be contacting our developers and probably escalating this issue for them to fix.

Thanks for reporting, I will update you soon.

Regards,
Drazen

April 7, 2020 at 8:12 am #5854683

florianB-27

Hello Drazen,

thank you for your reply. I am happy to hear that you have located the issue after all.
It would be really nice (or even important) if our developers can solve the issue. This is not only causing major problems for me and my team in handling our orders, it is also causing a serious bug with other plugins like "WooCommerce Product bundles".

I will explain you briefly:
inside a bundle there is a bundle itself and the bundled products. If the bundle has its own price, then the bundled products are calculated with a price of "0,00".
With the bug of WCML, the bundled products that should have a price of "0,00" are showing their regular price, resulting a in huge mess in the overall order. I attached a screenshot explaining the issue.
(btw Woocommerce product bundles is in the compatibility list of WPML).

Consequently I really hope that you will fix the issue soon.

Best wishes,
Florian

April 7, 2020 at 12:08 pm #5856933

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Florian,

I understand your concern.

I am waiting for an answer and confirmation from our developers. As soon as I receive more information I will update you.

Most probably if there is not an easy quick fix this issue will be escalated to the Developers team to work on fixing the issue.

Thanks for your patience and talk to you soon.

Regards,
Drazen

April 8, 2020 at 2:04 pm #5866489

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Florian,

I just wanted to let you know that I've escalated this ticket to our developer's team.

They will investigate the issue further and I will let you know as soon as I have some updates on this matter.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Drazen

April 9, 2020 at 11:59 am #5875771

florianB-27

Hi Drazen,

thank you for the update and your work.
If you need something else from my side, just let me know.

Regards,
Florian

April 9, 2020 at 2:22 pm #5876781

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hi Florian,

thanks for the patience.

Our developers are working on fixing the issue, but they suggested, if urgent, to use a workaround:

Disable multi-currency > Edit Order values > Enable multi-currency again

Be sure to test it on a few test orders, just in case it doesn't create some other compatibility issue with plugins you might be using.

I will be updating you as soon as I get new information.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen

April 9, 2020 at 3:00 pm #5877259

florianB-27

Hi Drazen

thank you. I will do that.

Regards,
Florian

April 10, 2020 at 8:35 am #5882357

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hi Florian,

Our developers have managed to find what is causing the issue, they are still investigating but the fixes should be probably included in our next version of WCML. I will still need to confirm this.

We have a new workaround that might be more convenient to use:

The problem happens ONLY if you use the button "Save" for the product meta.
If you use the button "Update" on the order - then it works properly.

I will be updating you as soon as I get new information.

Thanks and regards,
Drazen