Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
March 21, 2023 at 3:01 pm #13294709

severinP

I am trying to: Bulk update variations prices. English prices are updated, Hungarian prices stay as with the old values.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: Prices updating in Hungarian like for English. It only works if we manually edit prices on the single product page.

Instead, I got: Prices were only updated in English, not in Hungarian. The only workaround is to update the English prices manually in the single product page in admin. This completely renders the Yith Bulk Editing plugin useless. Thanks for your help!

March 22, 2023 at 7:08 am #13300311

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for contacting us.

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML
- Install the necessary plugins.
- Try to replicate the issue.
- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Thanks,
Drazen

March 23, 2023 at 1:38 am #13309965

severinP

To reproduce

First check the price of the product hidden link (150€=60 000HUF with an automatic conversion rate 1€ = 400 HUF)

Go to hidden link
Select all the products, decrease the price by 25€ and save the table

Now the price in EN hidden link is 125€ this is correct
The price in HU hidden link is still 60 000 HUF, it hasn't been updated, I was expecting it to be 50 000 HUF

Checking in the list of product in the backend shows 125€ in EN version and 150€ in HU version

March 23, 2023 at 6:46 am #13311457

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Severin,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

After updating the product price, you need to re-update the product to sync the price in the translation product and the second currency also. It looks like the Yith Bulk Editing plugin does not trigger the function to update the product after updating the product price.

If you want to update the product in bulk, please go to Products > Select product in bulk > Bulk action: Edit > Just click Update then. Please check this screenshot hidden link

Let me know how it goes.

March 23, 2023 at 11:10 am #13314347

severinP

The default bulk edit doesn't allow for price increase, decrease or other more advanced rules, thus it's just not possible to use it and why Yith Bulk Edit is needed in the first place

If I need to reupdate the products one by one there is no point in using a bulk edit plugin

WPML should detect that the original product was updated in bulk edit and update it's price

Bulk edit is marked as certified compatible with WPML https://wpml.org/plugin/yith-woocommerce-bulk-product-editing-premium/

This is clearly not the case, this is the main feature of the plugin

March 24, 2023 at 2:15 am #13319179

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm asking our 2nd tier support to see if there is a completed solution. I will update you here when I have something to share.
Meanwhile, you can use the workaround to update the product in bulk by using the standard feature of WordPress as I suggested above (hidden link)

Regards.

March 24, 2023 at 9:30 am #13321753

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Before escalating this issue to the Compatibility team, can you please help us to update the plugin YITH Bulk Editing to the latest version 2.7.0 on the sandbox site?
You can also contact the plugin support if they are aware of this issue on their own.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation.

March 27, 2023 at 4:01 pm #13340779

severinP

Hi, the new version of YITH Bulk editing was just published and we prefer to work on the existing one that is also in production. As the log shows no real improvement, we want to solve the issue with this current version please.
Thank you for your action and understanding as this issue is really annoying our client now.
Kind regards,

March 28, 2023 at 2:46 am #13344587

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've escalated this issue to our Compatibility team. I'll update you as soon as I have something to share.

Thanks for your patience.

March 28, 2023 at 5:19 am #13345125

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

This is Andrés from the compatibility team. We understand your position, but we really need o work with the latest version available. Otherwise, we will need to contact the YITH team and this will increase the resolving time.

On the other side, it could be helpful if you also contact them as they may be already aware of your issue.

Regards

March 28, 2023 at 10:10 am #13347721

severinP

Hi Andrés. I just reached out to the YITH support team. They double checked with the developers and they just confirmed in writing that they do not support WPML.
So I'm confused as to why you advertise it on your site as compatible? https://wpml.org/plugin/yith-woocommerce-bulk-product-editing-premium/

March 29, 2023 at 2:17 am #13353827

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

From documentation of YITH Bulk Editing, they only support compatibility with WPML to translate strings of their plugin, not the second price as WooCommerce Multilingual supports. Please read more here hidden link

But we are happy to help you to find a way to make it compatible with our plugins. To be able to do that, please help us to update the plugin to the latest version on the sandbox site.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

April 21, 2023 at 3:52 am #13514935

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Our Compatibility team has contacted the plugin author and informed them about the issue. They agree with our suggested point and said the fix for this issue will be included in the next version of the plugin.

Let us know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.