This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 1:55 pm

brunoD-31

I am trying to debug an issue with prices for our secondary language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It's not one specific page, it's every product under the "wedding rings (trouwringen)" category.
Here are some products that are experiencing this behavior:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

The problem arises when you add one of these products to the cart, once you try to checkout the order the price goes to 0€.

Before I start I make sure to disable caching in my browser and there is no caching running on the back-end (just to clarify)
Also I did all updates, WordPress, Theme, All WPML related updates also all plugins!

Step 1: I order a product:
hidden link

Step 2: I navigate to the cart and I see my product with its corresponding price:
hidden link

Now there's either one of two scenario's happening:
Scenario 1: When I click "Doorgaan naar afrekening (black button - proceed to checkout)" I am redirected to this page:
hidden link

Scenario 2: When I click "Doorgaan naar afrekening (black button - proceed to checkout)" I manage to get in the checkout page, but the price is just €0.
hidden link

When I test the same steps for our main language "English" there are no issues.

This is a staging website so you can test around. I also disabled woocommerce Live API.

July 22, 2019 at 11:12 pm #4261675

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I visited the site and the cause of this behavior is that the product price is zero (0). see attached image.

If you select one of the options the the issue disappear.

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 23, 2019 at 7:29 am #4263311

brunoD-31

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for answering on my ticket but I don't think you went entirely through the whole process...

The product itself costs indeed 0, it is only when U add one of the other products that the prices changes.

If you look at my examples closely you will see that I have selected both options (both rings).
I refer to the following screenshots from my first ticket:
hidden link
hidden link

Could you please select options and try again, this time, make sure you go untill the "checkout" step, this is where the issue happens.

July 23, 2019 at 7:36 am #4263337

brunoD-31

Also,

I see that you are viewing the product in our main language. The main language does not have this problem (hence why I think the issue could be caused by WPML).

As you can see this is the checkout page for the english language:
hidden link

And for that same product with the same parameters this happens in Dutch language:
hidden link

I hope this clarifies my issue.

July 23, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4266743

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your messages. This time I was able to reproduce the issue successfully.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML, Woocommerce and WCML.
- Go to Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings tab -> Troubleshooting link (bottom right) -> Select all options -> Click on 'Start' button.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?
Regards,
Carlos

July 25, 2019 at 11:23 am #4282463

brunoD-31

Hello there,

I've done this and it seems things start to go wrong when I activate:

YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Premium

It's not the problem with the €0, now it just clears my checkout once I try to checkout, but the weird thing is that this is only happening to products in "product bundles" normal items don't show this bad behavior.

July 25, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4283511

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you tell me if the issue with YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Premium persists if WPML plugins are deactivated?

Regards,
Carlos

July 25, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4283999

brunoD-31

Hello Carlos,

I don't really know how I would do that. When I deactivate WPML I am no longer able to go to the dutch version of the site. So I can't replicate the issue.

July 25, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4284531

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

If you deactivate WPML you still can add the product to the cart in the default language, so my question is if the issue persists in the default language? 🙂

Regards,
Carlos

July 26, 2019 at 7:13 am #4287849

brunoD-31

Hello there,

The problem doesn't arise on the main language, the problem only happens when the website is displaying in the second language.

July 26, 2019 at 11:17 am #4289359

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I have created a test site with a fresh new WordPress install, WPML and Woocommerce plugins. I would like to ask you to log in this site using the following link: hidden link

Please install YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Premium plugin and the necessary plugins to reproduce the issue. Add a test bundle product and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Carlos

July 29, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4299565

brunoD-31

Hello there,

I've tried simulating the real website but I get stuck.

I enabled the second language the way we do it on our site via a lang.php file. But now when I want to go to a dutch product:

hidden link

I am redirected to it's english variant.

July 29, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4299571

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you describe the steps related to the enabling of the language via lang.php?

Regards,
Carlos

July 29, 2019 at 12:38 pm #4299643

brunoD-31

Hello there,

I found the problem. I have exported the products from my live website via the woocommerce export to csv. It did export the english products but it seems to have failed the dutch variants;

English list:
hidden link

Dutch list:
hidden link

Could you please explain to me how I can export products from woocommerce WITH all languages?

July 29, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4299787

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to import/export the content: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Regards,
Carlos