Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 6, 2017 at 6:48 am

simon-bC

I am trying to: Having imported new prices with WPallimport (and WPML allimport). The new prices are imported into the backend and that seems to work correct.
But in the Default language (English) there is shown no price and the product cannot be ordered. (screenshot: 2017-09-06)
In secondary language (Danish) there is shown a price (580,00 DKK), but it's the old price, from before the wpallimport. (Screenshoot: 2017-09-06 (1)) and not the price that I can see in the backend. (Screenshoot: 2017-09-06 (2))

There has been done 2 things that I expect have influence on this error.
1. Updated all wpml plugins to the new version, including Woocommerce multilanguage
2. Imported new pricing with wpallimport, but allthough the pricing is correct in the backend, I beleive more that 1. is where to look.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The price in backend on the front end in both languages

Instead, I got:

September 6, 2017 at 8:53 pm #1362666

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Do you have any caching set up for your site? Please try clearing the cache and then update your products in the default language. You can bulk update by going to the list of products, select all, and in the bulk action drop down select edit. Then edit the first one that opens and all should update. Follow these steps for your translated products. Now do the prices show correctly?

If not, please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database.

Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and click through the options. After these steps, do your prices show correctly?

September 7, 2017 at 9:44 am #1363288

simon-bC

Hi Lauren

I'm not aware what did what, but it must have been the cache, that was not cleared properly (although I did try that several times before contacting you).
New situation:
The prices are still not shown on Default language, but the correct price is now shown on secondary language.
The prices are entered in DKK (danish kroner - Danish language - Secondary language) and calculated to EUR (Euro) for use on default language. Maybe that's where there is an error now?

I did not go trough all steps in: WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting
Only the ones that I was not afraid of 😉
which was from top (clean up) to "fix post type assignment for translations"

September 7, 2017 at 9:48 am #1363294

simon-bC

BTW. Not all products in default language has no price. It seems that it's those that has updated prices, but i'm not sure

September 7, 2017 at 6:33 pm #1364080

Lauren
Supporter

Did you update both the original and translated product after the import?

I don't think it will work to import the secondary price, because the price is locked on the translation, since it calculates depending on the default language. Can you please try the opposite, and import the default price and then let me know if after updating both products, the correct price displays?

September 8, 2017 at 7:51 am #1364570

simon-bC

Hi Lauren

Yes i updated both languages.

I don't think you understood correctly how the pricing is done (Please feel free to login an have a look!)
My default language is English, Secondary is Danish.
My pricing is entered and imported in DKK, which is shown directly on the Secondary language products (Danish)
The price on the default language products (English) is EUR calculated by Woocommerce multilanguage.

I cannot import pricing in EUR, for different reasons and don't have to, although it has worked fine this way for 2 years. This is not the problem, unless the coding/features has changed?

Please logun on admin and have a look on the setup. This will give you a good understanding of the problem. I'm sure 🙂

September 8, 2017 at 11:52 am #1364991

simon-bC

Hi Lauren

Now I have found one more translation/multilanguage error.
I think it might bee related to this same case, therefore I haven't created a new support thread.

Have a look at the variations on this link:
hidden link

And then switch to the english version of the same product. There is an extra (75 watt) variation. This variation should be shown on both languages.
The 75 watt variation is newly created today.

Could you please have a look into that as well?

Thanks 🙂

September 10, 2017 at 8:33 am #1366133

Lauren
Supporter

In regards to the new variation, when I view your product in English with the new variation, I can see that the translation is showing that an update is needed (please see attached image). If you click the round icon and update the translation, does the new variation show for the translation?

In regards to the pricing, it will not work to update the price in the translated product and then reflect this change to the original. This is because any update to a translation will not trigger an update for the original. It only works that if you update or edit the original product, then it will trigger an update for the translation.

I'm sorry there isn't a better solution for importing the price to your secondary product. Since you can't import the price for the default language, I would suggest making the Danish product the original product and then translate the products to English.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 13, 2017 at 5:45 pm #1370792

simon-bC

Hi Lauren

The missing variation is now working. A translation was missing. Thanks 🙂

About the pricing.
The default pricing is in DKK and used on Secondary language. The pricing for English (default language) is automatically calculated to EUR in woocommerce multilanguage.
This has worked for years and still works on eg.: hidden link
Why does it not work on: hidden link ?
The Danish price is fine, but there is no price on the English version.

This does work on most products on the site, but not all and has worked fine for years.

I have updated all plugins today to newest version. No change.

//Simon

September 13, 2017 at 6:48 pm #1370886

Lauren
Supporter

Hi Simon, I logged in and looked at the two example products that you sent. On the product where the price is not working, take a look at the General tab under the Product Information section. There is no Regular or Sale price field for this product. How was this product originally created - by import, or through the WordPress backend?

If you create a new product and translate it, do the imported prices work correctly?

Please send me a copy of the file you are using to run the import so I can take a look at it. I'd like to run the import on a clean install and see if I am able to reproduce this issue. THanks for your help!

September 22, 2017 at 6:08 am #1379922

simon-bC

Hi Lauren
Sorry for the late reply

The product that does not work, has been created via import. I don't have an explanation for why there is no "main" regular price field. The prices are there, but in the variation (where they must be?)

The product that works, has been created "by hand" and are after that, updated with imported price to one variation (the 305 watt). This works.

September 22, 2017 at 6:10 am #1379924

simon-bC

Please make above post hidden!

September 22, 2017 at 1:37 pm #1380411

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for sending the files. I think we can assume that the problem products are somehow due to the import. Which column in the import file are you using as a unique identifier? I see there is a part of the first column named Translation Number, but this should be in its own column if it is being used as the unique identifier.

Could you perhaps send me a screenshot of your import fields? I would like to try to replicate exactly the import as you are doing it on your site. Thanks for all your help with troubleshooting!

The topic ‘[Closed] Prices not shown in Default language and old shown in second language’ is closed to new replies.