This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Irene 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
April 3, 2014 at 10:12 am #373139

Irene

Hi,

I'm using WPML on a site with Woocommerce as a catalogue, in DE and EN.
Same currency, same prices.

When a product is sold, my customer removes the price and puts it in a "sold" category.

The only problem is, the prices still show on the English translations. We've figured out to manually update each product translation, but isn't there an automatic way to update translations?

Thank you and kind regards,

Irene

In the image: prices showing up in English, although they have been removed in German version.

April 3, 2014 at 7:26 pm #373539

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Dear Irene,

Thank you for contacting to us and sorry for the delay !

Please upload a screenshot of your WPML > Support page so we can confirm that the latest version of WPML plugins you are using.

Could you please provide steps of the screenshots, how is exactly "my customer removes the price and puts it in a "sold" category" ?

I think it should be automatic, because translated products synchronized with original products.

-

With Regards

Andrey

April 3, 2014 at 8:45 pm #373578

Irene

Hi Andrey,

attached is the wpml screenshot.

What my customer does is:
- go into the German (default) version of a product
- remove the price so the price field is empty
- unchecks all categories and checks it to a special category called "sold" ("verkauft" in German)
- the products then appear on the archive page, which is an archive page for category "sold"
- works fine in German, but for the English versions, the little circle "needs update" appears (and this is what should be automatic).

I'm attaching a few screenshots of the process.

HTH

Thank you and kind regards,

Irene

April 4, 2014 at 4:10 pm #374250

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Dear Irene,

Can you please take a backup and install beta version Woocommerce multilingual plugin instead of current, then update original product and see at the results ?

You can download it here :
http://wpml.org/download/woocommerce-multilingual-beta/

Please remember to backup your database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like (good example: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/)

Let me know if the issue persists after the update has been done.

-

With Regards

Andrey

April 5, 2014 at 6:46 pm #374628

Irene

Hi Andrey,

thank you, I'll give that a try!

Warm regards,
Irene