This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoT-48 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 15, 2018 at 12:26 am #2128293

marcoT-48

I am trying to:
I made the primary menu in Italian and English and seems they're ok.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The corresponding translated menu in the proper language

Instead, I got:
Despite the language I visit the web site with the menu shows only in the last saved language. That is If I save the menu in Italian I'll see the italian version on both English and Italian front pages. The way round if the last save is the English version of menu.

May 16, 2018 at 11:30 am #2155833

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It's always a good thing to check if we missed some steps while translating menus here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Further, looking at the issue, It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 24, 2018 at 4:02 pm #2224278

marcoT-48

Hi Shekhar, thank you very much for your interest.
The problem was really annoying but everything got well after theme update.
I involved their support but they pass the problem to the plugin
Obviously that was not true.

Thank YOU and the WPML support very much.

Luigi