This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I publish the product in English, the Greek version does not get published. When I go to the Greek version of the product to publish it (make it public) manually, the option is locked and it remains private.

Solution: I'm afraid that this is in fact a known bug of WPML (it also happens with posts). As a workaround you could:

1- Go to WooCommerce>WooCommerce Multilingual>Products

2- Click the pencil icon to edit the translation of your product (the one with incorrect visibility status)

3- Mark the translation as finished and save it

Once done, the visibility status should be synchronized with the original product.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by solonH 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
March 22, 2017 at 2:51 pm #1236903

solonH

I am trying to: Publish a private product

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: When I publish the product in English, the Greek version does not get published. When I go to the Greek version of the product to publish it (make it public) manually, the option is locked and it remains private.

Instead, I got:

Steps to duplicate the issue:

March 23, 2017 at 12:41 pm #1237819

Arvish Mungur

Hello solonH,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I will be happy to help you with your ticket.

Since, I am not able to replicate this issue on my fresh installation, it could be a theme/plugin conflict or even a PHP or script error. So could you please perform the below steps and let me know the outcome?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, does the problem persists?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem(E.g reload a page where the currency switcher appears).
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Console Errors
Please check your browser consoles, do you see any error?
Reference:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards

March 23, 2017 at 1:18 pm #1237854

solonH

Hi Arvish,

Can you please assign this to Bernat Torras as I requested?

We have worked before together and he know the details of my website.

Thanks,
Solon

March 24, 2017 at 7:32 am #1238456

Bernat Torras

Hi Solon,

I'm afraid that this is in fact a known bug of WPML (it also happens with posts). As a workaround you could:

1- Go to WooCommerce>WooCommerce Multilingual>Products

2- Click the pencil icon to edit the translation of your product (the one with incorrect visibility status)

3- Mark the translation as finished and save it

Once done, the visibility status should be synchronized with the original product.

Could you try it and confirm us if its working?

Thanks,
Bernat

March 26, 2017 at 4:36 pm #1239725

solonH

Hi Bernat,

Thank you very much, that did the trick!

Your colleague would have me spend hours of running random tests for a know bug 🙂

Thanks again.