This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 30, 2019 at 3:19 am #4484615

raymondL-6

I am trying to:
Create an online shop.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
The same information and price can be displayed in both English and Chinese versions.

Instead, I got:
In the Chinese version, some infotmation is missing and the price is wrong.

August 30, 2019 at 9:05 am #4485493

raymondL-6

Adding products in the same way will have different results in different language versions. How can I fix this?

August 30, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4487053

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because of the older versions of WPML, WooCommerce, and WooCommerce Multilingual plugins and WordPress.

Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugins and WordPress after a full site backup and make sure the issues are existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 2, 2019 at 8:19 am #4495201

raymondL-6

Hi, how can I edit the translation when switch to Eng?

September 2, 2019 at 4:13 pm #4499019

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Language configuration(translation settings) for these WooComemrce fields are set in WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. Please check the following documentation to know more about WPML language configuration.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

So we have to deactivate WooCommerce Multilingual plugin to change these settings. But it is not recommended. Because these values will sync from the original Product post to the translated one.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem about Pinpoint posts and WPML’ is closed to new replies.