This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aleksanderT-4 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 8:01 am #3670035

aleksanderT-4

Hi! Very strange situation. I put a new language - Swedish. And I have one page ( ETUSIVU) main. Which was in Finnish, jumped to Swedish. I thought I could duplicate this page from Swedish to Finnish . I open this page in a normal editor and try to make a duplicate. But this option is not activated. How can we make sure to return in the Finnish language. And in General how to duplicate a page in Swedish of Finnish. And then edit in a visual editor

April 24, 2019 at 10:49 am #3671761

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! ????

You should be able to bulk duplicate your pages following these steps:

1- Go to WPML>Transaltion Management

2 - select 'swedish' here : hidden link

3- There you'll see a list of posts, pages and all the content of your site. Find the pages you want to translate (better to select them by smaller groups to avoid memory issues while duplicating them) and select them

4- Below the list of pages, you'll see a section where you can chose the translation options for your secondary languages. Select 'Duplicate content' option for the languages you want to translate your pages.

5- Click 'Duplicate' button and wait until the duplication process ends

6- Repeat these steps until you're able to duplicate all your pages

Once done, you should have been able to duplicate all your pages. Remember that if you want to translate them later on to (instead of keeping the same content) you'll need to edit these pages manually and click 'translate independently' button to be able to set different content.

Could you try it and tell us if it works for you?

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 25, 2019 at 4:38 am #3678779

aleksanderT-4

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
But the situation is not so simple. I went through the steps you sent me before point 3. And I see that the page that I can duplicate is wrong. Picture 2 .
I need to duplicate the correct page from the page list . Picture 1.
Look please - it's completely different pages there's even a different name.
Thank you!

April 25, 2019 at 7:30 am #3679519

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

It seems the duplication / translation started already for that page somehow.

Please copy that page content to a new page.
Then try to translate following the steps I explained.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

April 25, 2019 at 1:44 pm #3682925

aleksanderT-4

Thanks for your reply.
You option works only locally to swedish version page that WPML sees , but I dont have such page in wodrpress (for swedish language) . Look at picture 3
And if I choose all pages in wpml for all languages, I will not see the pages that I have in the Finnish version of the site ( but i need to dublicate this pages) . Nonsense?
See picture 4. Please see picture 5. here are the pages that really have in the version of the site in Finnish and that should be duplicated in Swedish Thanks

April 26, 2019 at 8:35 am #3688871

aleksanderT-4

Please help!!

April 26, 2019 at 8:42 am #3688933

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I do not work on Fridays and Staurdays.

I am setting the next reply as private.
Let me know your site login details to check this closely when I a m back to work.

Regards,

April 28, 2019 at 9:51 am #3697579

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I translated that page.

here is your swedish page: hidden link
and the translation in finnish hidden link

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

April 29, 2019 at 9:25 am #3701561

aleksanderT-4

Hi
Thanks for the reply. This is a translation, but this is not the right
page. This hidden link is not dublicate of this page
hidden link . Different blocks. The original page in Swedish doesn't have many blocks that are in duplicate ( this page is more like the page from the original wordpress template). How can I translate the right page? And again - this is not a very successful attempt to solve a local problem, but there are other pages, for example in Finnish. How to translate this pages? Wpml does not find them at all.

April 29, 2019 at 9:38 am #3701663

aleksanderT-4

This is list of finnish language pages. And now I have one more problem. If I click on sweden language flag on the bottom of main page - I have error.

April 29, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3703095

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

We need to check this in a fresh installation.

please,
1. go to hidden link
2. install your theme
3. configure the WPML as you have it on your site. at the last step just click next (site key)
4. create only one page.
5. recreate the issue.
6. let us know how to check this and how to recreate this issue.
7. explain the step 6 with screenshots and URLs for better understanding.

Regards,

April 29, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3703329

aleksanderT-4

Sorry I can't say thank you for that answer.

I have a real website. It works. We just need to solve the problem with duplicate pages. Not in sandbox.

I by self solve one problem - in translation roles I change Language Pairs to finish - sweden and now I see right pages.

Now ONLY ONE PROBLEM - i need to duplicate this pages to sweden language.

Usually I always did it in the editor - but now there is such a message. "This document is a duplicate of Service Area and it is maintained by WPML.
WPML will no longer synchronize this page with the original content." How can I duplicate these pages? Please help.

April 30, 2019 at 12:16 pm #3710873

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Great it works now.

In that case, please go to it's original page and duplicate it to Swedish.
I see the duplicate option when I open that page in English : hidden link

Regards,

April 30, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3711285

aleksanderT-4

Thank you.

But problem not solved.

I don't have any English language on my site. Only Sweden and Finnish. Please see screenshot.
30.04.png.

I don't need to duplicate pages from deleted language.

To select all pages of the site - select all languages at the top, then select all pages on the left - and you will see all pages that are on the site .
And explain to me how to duplicate them from one language to another.

Do not look for pages in English, I do not understand where you find them, why look for them,they are not used ( I don't see page with the name "servise area" in this real list) - on the site only 2 languages - Swedish and Finnish, and it is necessary to duplicate from Finnish to Swedish.

Thank you!

May 1, 2019 at 5:15 am #3716045

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

We are on holiday.
You will get an update regarding this by Sunday evening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,