This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: after importing a language with WPML All Import, image galleries created with Advanced Custom Field are not visible from the backend

Solution: After importing the default language, run the Media Translation settings in WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation Be sure to activate ACF Multilingual before importing the second language. If images doesn't appear there, update the originals and they should pop up in the backend.

The issue is resolved with ACF Multilingual 0.9

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
August 20, 2018 at 7:21 pm

Giannis

Hello,

I have come across a problem when trying to import into 2 languages (into WPML).
I have used "WP All Import" in 2 of my other migrations and everything went 100% ... but these were only 1 language websites.

Now, with this 2 language website I am having problems.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is what I tried:

- Import into WPML (+all the wpml addons)

a. The photos are not showing in the "media library"
b. In the Advanced custom field, the gallery field does not show the images, but they are available in the "uploads" folder (FTP)
c. Each post is showing its "featured image" but this is not available in the "media library"

- Import into WPML (+all the wpml addons) + το wmpl media disabled
a. In the media library there are now some photos which are the "featured images"
b. In the Aadvanced custom field, the gallery field shows the photos but I cannot edit these as they are not available in the "media library"

- Importing without WPML, everything works but as you can understand, it is only for 1 language

The Plugins I have added in this migration :
------------------------
Advanced Custom Fields PRO
All In One Addons for WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer)
Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder
WP All Import - ACF Add-On
WP All Import - Yoast WordPress SEO Add-On
WP All Import Pro
WPBakery Page Builder
WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) Clipboard
WPML All Import
WPML Media
WPML Multilingual CMS
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management
Yoast SEO

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I look forward to any help I can get with this.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you!
Giannis Marakis

August 21, 2018 at 9:24 am #2662385

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I did not understand if the site you were importing from had already 2 languages or if you imported from 2 different sites, each one with a language. I suppose it's the first one, but I just want to be sure.

I see WPML is not updated to the latest version, please be sure to update it first and also WP All Import should be updated.

Could you please post the configuration settings for the import process?

August 22, 2018 at 1:24 pm #2666929

Giannis

Hello Laura,

Thank you for your reply!

The website I was importing from had already 2 languages. However, I imported first the one language (EN) and I saw that there were problems with the photos (which is why you wont see the second language uploaded yet).
So if you navigate to the Listings -> All Listings, you will see all the imported listings from the 1 language here.

We have now updated all the mentioned plugins + the ACF ... but after we updated the ACF, now it is not showing any photos in the listings.

Please see the images...
wpml-after-acf-update.jpg
wpml-before-acf-update.jpg

Concerning what you mention ..."post the configuration settings for the import process"... I am not sure what you mean. However, if you go to manage imports (hidden link), here you will see the xml file.

I look forward to your help with this.
Thank you!
Giannis

August 23, 2018 at 12:35 pm #2670163

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I have a clearer picture now, but what do you mean that you updated the ACF? This is after the import? Because if the import went well and the images disappeared after an update then it's not a WP All Import issue.

The best procedure would be to prepare the import site first, with the latest version of WordPress, WPML and other plugins, and only after trying to import the files.

As for configuration settings, I need to know which process did you follow during the import (like using a template, which option did you choose etc).

September 6, 2018 at 6:49 am #2709645

Giannis

Hello Laura,

Ok, I have done what you suggested.
We have done everything from the BEGINNING and with fresh installs of everything.

This new install is here now... hidden link and you can use the same login details as before.

The procedure was...

1) Install fresh WP 4.9.8
2) Plugins installed:
-- Advanced Custom Fields PRO
-- All In One Addons for WPBakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer)
-- Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder
-- WP All Import - ACF Add-On
-- WP All Import - Yoast WordPress SEO Add-On
-- WP All Import Pro
-- WPBakery Page Builder
-- WPBakery Page Builder (Visual Composer) Clipboard
-- WPML All Import
-- WPML Media
-- WPML Multilingual CMS
-- WPML String Translation
-- WPML Translation Management
-- Yoast SEO
3) Install Betheme & child
4) In child functions.php added "listings" custom post type + some custom taxonomies
5) In Custom fields plugin, added the fields that we want
6) Imported the data...

Now, the problem remains. The media files have been added to the server, BUT they are not available in the "WP media library".
Please help with this matter.
Is it possible that the fault is with the "WPML Media plugin" because when you changed it, you mention that it works in a different way from before (?).

Please help with this.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you!
Giannis

September 7, 2018 at 1:55 pm #2715029

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you are right saying that Media Translation works a little different now.
Could you try to go to
WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation and run the duplication process.

After this, the images should be available in the Media Library.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

September 8, 2018 at 3:30 pm #2716931

Giannis

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.

As per your request, should I run the "duplication process" now (with the one language added) or should I also first add the second language as well? ... and then run the "duplication process"??

Thank you!
Giannis

September 10, 2018 at 8:41 am #2719201

Laura
Supporter

Hi Giannis,

try to run the media setup now and then import the other language.

October 1, 2018 at 2:50 pm #2778550

Laura
Supporter

Hi Giannis,

sorry for the late reply but I was on vacation and since the topic was already closed the colleague who was checking my queue didn't get any notice.

Did you try what I suggested in my last reply?

October 1, 2018 at 8:28 pm #2779453

Giannis

Hello Laura,
Thank you for opening this ticket again.
We are having a small problem with the importing of the second language. I tried what you said in your last message but we are still coming across problems.
I will give you a full outline tomorrow morning.
Thank you!

October 2, 2018 at 11:28 am #2781262

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

no problem, I'll wait for your report.

October 2, 2018 at 8:17 pm #2782728

Giannis

Hi Laura,

Sorry for the delay but I needed to get the full story from my tech.
Ok here is what he has informed me about...

1) I successfully imported the English language based on your instructions (main language).
So, after the Media translation – duplicate media all the images are OK where as before there was only blank. (this concerns the English)

2) I imported the Greek language and the images ARE NOT visible in the ACF gallery field. Only the featured images are visible.

3) I noticed that in the media library (in the Greek part) the images are there, and also they are there when I echo the single listing - but when I go to edit the listing then the images are not in the ACF gallery field.

4) Furthermore, I looked in the database in the table "wp_postmeta" and checked a specific Greek listing, and noticed that the custom field gallery DOES HAVE images in the value, however in the dashboard (when editing a listing) these DO NOT SHOW (in the Greek).

Please have a look at this.
Like I said, we managed to get the English OK as per your instructions, but the second language is not following the same.

Thank you!
Giannis

October 4, 2018 at 10:34 am #2787169

Laura
Supporter

Hi Giannis,

searching I found the issue should have been fixed in our latest version, 4.0.8.
Which version are you currently using?

If you updated to 4.0.8 and still have this issue, I'd like to set up a sandbox site where you can reproduce the issue and we can do tests accordingly.

October 8, 2018 at 7:41 am #2794950

Giannis

Hello Laura,

Please notice... WPML Multilingual CMS is only up to 4.0.7 (not 4.0.8).
We have updated all our plugins!!!! Please check this (you do have access to our website).

Please tell me if you can help with this matter. If not, tell me what to do.

I look forward to your help.
Thank you!
Giannis

October 8, 2018 at 8:33 am #2795109

Laura
Supporter

Hi Giannis,

sorry for the misunderstanding. The version that should fix the problem is WPML All Import 2.0.8. but if you say everything is updated I'd create a sandbox site where you can recreate the issue.
If you are okay with this, we can work on it right away.