Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
June 27, 2017 at 9:31 am #1306350

doreenT-2

Hi,

We have updated the permissions please check now.

Thanks.

June 27, 2017 at 10:10 am #1306401

Ankit

Hi,

I'm still not able to overwrite the files on FTP, please see the screenshot attached.

Since issue is happening only on this server, I would need to debug the issue on this site only. I tried setting up site on my local machine, but there seems no problem and everything is working fine.

Could you please discuss this issue with your host so that overwriting the file could be possible?

Also, please let me know if I can perform some tests on this website like disabling/enabling plugins and themes etc.?

Important: Please take database and file backup of your website before response.

Regards,
Ankit

June 29, 2017 at 8:08 pm #1308993

doreenT-2

Can you please try again.

Thanks.

July 3, 2017 at 11:27 am #1310575

Ankit

Hi,

Could you please do following for me?

1. Take database and file backup of your website.

2. Delete the chinese post where the problem appears, also delete it from Trash.

3. Re-translate the English post to Chinese and notice that you'll be able to translate it without any problem.

This may be happening because something is wrong with term assignment to Chinese posts. Could you please do this and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Ankit

July 5, 2017 at 8:55 am #1312343

doreenT-2

Hi Ankit,
1. Everything is backed up.

2. By deleting Chinese you meant deleting the whole English + Chinese post right? Do you also want us to delete all the Chinese Taxonomy Terms?

3. You haven't mentioned about this error coming on site (see screenshot).

Is there a way we can talk via phone or Skype and resolve the issue sooner?

Thanks.

July 5, 2017 at 3:35 pm #1312764

Ankit

Hi,

By deleting Chinese you meant deleting the whole English + Chinese post right? Do you also want us to delete all the Chinese Taxonomy Terms?

You just have to delete Chinese posts (Don't delete English posts and Chinese terms) and re-translate the English posts to Chinese.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regarding the other error, may I kindly ask you to open a new ticket in support forum, so that this issue would get addressed quicker.

Best Regards,
Ankit G.

July 11, 2017 at 2:37 am #1316261

doreenT-2

Thanks Ankit the other issues are now resolved.

Regarding:
May I kindly ask you to open a new ticket in support forum, so that this issue would get addressed quicker.
** The error was part of this thread since day one, please resolve the issue in the same ticket **

Thanks.

July 11, 2017 at 9:09 am #1316498

Ankit

Hi,

Previously provided credentials for wp-admin login are no longer working for me, could you please send me the revised credentials? I've enabled private message for your next response.

Regards,
Ankit

July 12, 2017 at 12:58 am #1317342

doreenT-2

Hi Ankit:

Following are The WP Logins:
hidden link
Username: wpml_user
Email: beta1@marknetgroup.com
Password: SbssungqWmNKl79t#C1DVU9A

Make sure you don't copy white spaces when you copy and paste the info in login form.

Thanks.

July 12, 2017 at 7:00 am #1317432

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for providing wp-admin details, those seems to be working for me. However, previously provided FTP details are no longer working, could you please provide me the revised credentials, so that I can continue with the investigation?

Regards,
Ankit

July 12, 2017 at 7:11 am #1317445

Ankit

Hi,

Removing and adding Chinese language again from wpml > Languages screen seem to resolve the issue. Could you please confirm if notice no longer exists on screen and close the ticket accordingly?

Regards,
Ankit