This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: GravityForms strings are not being translated, even if translation is included in the WPML > String Translation.

Solution: In this ticket, the problem is that the strings had been incorrectly entered in the language. In WPML > String Translation make sure that the string is registered in the correct language.

You can either delete the wrong strings or update the language of the strings in WPML > String Translation.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by The Smalls 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 18, 2018 at 4:02 pm

The Smalls

Hi, i have 2 problems so far with a website.

1. i've set the widgets to the corresponding language and only one version is shown in both languages

2. i've translated one form (gravity form) and it still shows the greek version of the form to the english version of the page.

You can see here both problems : hidden link

please set as private the link of the video.

best regards,

July 19, 2018 at 4:04 pm #2535185

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

In regards to the widget, in your video, you are referring to the wrong widget area. The widget that shows in the drop-down slider is found in the "Sliding Top | #2" widget area. Currently, you only have one version of the Text widget there.

In regards to the form, you need to translate it following the procedure outlined on this article: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

You can also translate the form in WPML -> String Translation, under the "gravity_form-1" domain.

Hope that helps.

July 20, 2018 at 10:36 am #2536639

The Smalls

Hi, about the widgets, that was a rookie mistake.
Thank you for the notice about the error.

About gravity forms, i've followed the guide i found in your web page but without results.

I went through :

wpml->translations->Gravity Form -> translate
i've translated all fields (its says 100% and translation status : complete)

but when i refresh the web page i still see the greek version.
is there anything i miss?

best regards,

July 21, 2018 at 3:06 pm #2567198

Ricardo Alday

Maybe just a cache issue because it's loading in English now.

July 23, 2018 at 8:51 am #2569038

The Smalls

Hi, this url you're checking is not a gravity form but a contact form.
The gravity form is in url : hidden link
please mark as private the url i paste and your previous screenshot.
best regards,

July 24, 2018 at 4:31 pm #2575791

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Ricardo is off today. I would like to take care of your ticket from now.

The problem is happening because initially these strings were registered in English even being in Greek. To fix the problem you will need to switch these strings to Greek and then probably translate the form again. At this point, you will need to confirm that you have a backup of your database.

Please, can I install the Adminer plugin to edit these strings inside the database? Basically we will need to run this query:

UPDATE `wp_icl_strings` SET language = 'el' WHERE `context` = 'gravity_form-1'

That way all the strings of Gravity Forms 1 (your form) will be converted to Greek and then this should work correctly.

Thank you.

July 25, 2018 at 8:10 am #2578505

The Smalls

I understand this, that's strange though, as when i installed wpml i've set that the current data language is in greek.
In string translation i see many strings (maybe twice the strings of the gravity form fields) in both source languages.
When i translate via "Translations queue" the form seems ok. When i visit string translation i see both your screenshot and both the strings in the right order, like the screenshot i'm sending you.
It seems like some strings are in the correct lang and some in the wrong lang.
Some of the strings are twice with same text one as greek and one as english source language.
Is there a way to delete all the strings from gravity_form-1, ask wpml to load the form in translation and translate it from the begining, via "Translations queue" as it's easier ?
I dont care if i should translate it again, just want to get rid of the double strings in order to be easier to change something via string translation at a later time.
If i should run a query i can do it myself (i can make the website offline, take a backup, check and re-translate faster than waiting for your support to run it, as the website is live).
For example when i delete a string from a plugin, i do a re-scan from "theme and plugin localization), in this type of translation that the strings are not in some mo/po files, how can i ask wpml to read and register again the form for translation?
best regards,

July 25, 2018 at 1:22 pm #2579953

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Removing the strings and resubmitting the content for translation by following the same steps you did earlier should also work correctly.

If it does not work and for some reason, the strings are still registered in the wrong language, just follow the steps I posted above and then translate the strings again.

In fact, I think the easiest and quickest would be to run the query I posted above, as all content should be displayed in Greek.

About "duplicate" strings, please note that there are two fields types: "label" and "value". That is, although the content is the same, the fields have different purposes. That is, these strings are not duplicated. I'll attach the same images you attached so you can see the difference.

Thank you.

July 26, 2018 at 8:29 am #2583234

The Smalls

That worked, i've run the query and aplied the translation again.
best regards,