This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
April 16, 2019 at 8:37 am #3619765

martinW-38

I am trying to:
I'm working with the ahrefs audit tool to ensure my site is optimized. It shows many errors regarding localization (see screenshot wpml-probem.png). When inspecting one of the pages in more detail, it will show that the hreflangs are correct for all entires except for one at the bottom (see screenshot wpml-problem-2.png). I have already made wpml output x-default and additional en-us hreflangs when trying to solve the problem but it didn't make a difference. Any idea what the problem could be and how it could be fixed?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link but basically all pages also

Any idea what could it be? Could ahrefs be wrong regarding the correct implementation of hreflang attributes here?

April 17, 2019 at 3:22 pm #3632353

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello Martin,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the delay in my answer.

I didn't find any further details about known issues from ahrefs.com. Could you please check if the page from your first screenshot is based on an older page Index? I know other audit tools like Seobility, which only refresh once a week, so maybe the detailed scan was based on a newer index. Could you please check this or force a new scan?

Thank you

Regards
Marcel

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem making site pass ahrefs audit (hreflang attribute)’ is closed to new replies.