This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fredericG-20 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3897283

fredericG-20

Hi !

We use WP All import to import JSON feeds on different post types in WordPress, and All import multilingual / ACF multilingual to import the different languages of these feeds.

The insertion of the posts is working properly, but we have an issue with ACF meta. They don't insert during the import. The only way to correct this bug is to manually update each imported post, so as to insert properly the ACF metas.

Here's an example.
hidden link

Feel free to ask us for further information is needed.

Regards

May 28, 2019 at 7:13 am #3903249

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue. I am not sure I quite understand the context of your problem.

I understand that you have some information that is held in ACF fields. You also have installed ACF Multilingual so that this content is available in multiple languages.

Furthermore, I understand that you update this content via WP All Import along with the WP All Import Multilingual bridge plugin.

Could you please give a detailed example of what "meta" information is not being imported?
I am opening the private area for system access information and for instructions on how to step through an example of this behaviour.

Our next step would be most likely to attempt to re-create this on a fresh sandbox install.

I wait for your information
- https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/
- Sysetm access info (FTP and wp-admin)
- detailed instructions on how to replicate the problem on your site

Thanks

May 28, 2019 at 2:38 pm #3908091

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. MORE DETAILS PLEASE
It would really help if you could be specific about which fields are in question. I checked your ACF fiild groups and there are quite a few.

What would make our ability to support you go much faster is to provide as much information as possible supported with screenshots and detailed steps on how to replicate the issue.

Just assume that we know nothing and this will then allow me to find the right resources to resolve the issue.

2. WP ALl Import and WPML All Import with ACF
You wrote: "...All the ACF fields of the post types are not imported anymore.."
Do you mean to say that at one time the fields WERE imported?

I chatted with the developer of WPML ALl Import and in general, if the fields are importable with WP All Import, then the only thing that WPML All Import will do is connect them as translations.

I also noticed that you do not have the following required add-on active:
hidden link

According to the documentation, you would need to have this add-on active in order to have the acf fields imported.

May 29, 2019 at 4:07 pm #3917241

fredericG-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!