This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laurentW-2 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 4:15 pm #3777987

laurentW-2

Hello,

We have creation of multiples thumbnail when we insert a YouTube or Vimeo video on our posts (blog). I send you a screenshot of the problem

May 9, 2019 at 7:02 pm #3778995

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Is WPML Media activated along with WPML main plugin ? and when they are do you see the multiple copies ?

are the copies of the media for each language you have installed ?

if yes this is an expected behavior as WPML creates a new entry in the database for each language for the media.

When WPML Media and WPML are activated you should not see the duplicated images as they are going to be listed under their language

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/#when-to-use-wpml-media-translation

May 10, 2019 at 7:13 am #3781859

laurentW-2

Hello Bobby,

Thanks for your answer. Our website packshot-creator.com just has completed its migration to Cloudways 1 hour ago.

All our WPML plugins are activated on our website.

But yesterday when i uploaded YouTube and vimeos videos, on just one only language, I didn't understood why the plugin created various thumbnail automatically.

How you can help me to solve this issue?

Thanks

Regards

May 10, 2019 at 7:11 pm #3787529

Bobby
Supporter

Well the behavior of uploading Media1 and getting it duplicated in all languages activated is an expected beahavior as WPML Media creates database entries of the media1 to each language but you should not see them all under 1 language.

are you using a plugin to change the way WP->media page looks ?

if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 14, 2019 at 8:39 am #3804795

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the access details !

i have been trying to recreate the issue but i was not able to so far

if possible please let me know if i am missing a step in replicating the issue .

I uploaded a screenshot and then verified that it was not shown as duplicated (in the same language) additionally went to Posts-> Edit post-> add media-> and verified it was not duplicated

you did mention that this happened when you uploaded a YouTube video, how do you upload the YouTube videos to your site ?

if possible please provide me with the steps to replicate the issue

May 16, 2019 at 8:09 am #3822985

laurentW-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!