This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 11:37 pm #2826074

Maurizio Facchini

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I bought the pro version today and installed it on the website (already online and active) but when I start to configure wpml it remains blocked on language selection. I select the languages that interest me (Italian by default and English) and if I click on save - forward the screen does not go on and therefore I can not complete the activation

Is there any documentation that you are following?
the default guide

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
it's a e-commerce with Woocommerce.

October 18, 2018 at 3:57 pm #2828656

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Usually, this is caused by caching plugins that are active while the WPML setup. It can also happen due to server settings.

Disabling Memcache should help if it's used on the site.

Can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 19, 2018 at 10:06 am #2831509

Maurizio Facchini

Hi, I have try to remove cache but the problem is the same.
the strange thing now is that the Italian language (language of my theme and wordpress) is no longer selected, and comuqneu if you select English the Forward / news button does not activate anyway

October 22, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2838197

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

If this is the first time you are installing WPML and you have no saved translations or important WPML data saved in the database already, let's try a WPML reset first and then a few more steps that might help.

❌ Important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following the steps ❌

1. WPML RESET

In order to Reset your website, you need to go into your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (there’s a text-link called exactly that) > at the bottom of the page you will find the “Reset” section. Just by checking the “I am about to reset all translation and language data.” check-box and by clicking the “Reset and deactivate WPML” blue button will completely delete all the WPML tables in the database and deactivate the WPML plugin so after doing that, you can start with a fresh new WPML setup and start using the plugin to translate any part of content you like.

2. DELETING CACHE AND DISABLING SG OPTIMIZER

Please go to SG Optimizer > SuperCacher config > Purge the cache + disable Dynamic Caching.

After doing this, also disable the "SG Optimizer" plugin.

3. RETRY WPML SETUP

Now please try to install WPML again and go through the setup.

Think should work properly now.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai