We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3737433

stephaneB-31

Hi!

Sorry for the delay. The only thing different with the “Move your feet…” event is that it’s a single event, not a recurring one.

So, if I understand correctly, everything is working properly on your localhost since you refreshed the permalinks? We refreshed the permalinks many times, but it never fixed the problem on our side, it’s one of the first thing we tried. I just tried again and it didn't fix anything.

The problem seems to reside in the slug translation. The slug is translating the /events to /evenements like it should, but is not being applied by the event calendar
(when the URL is /evenements it gives a page not found; when I manually change the URL to /event (no “s”) it’s working) (see screen shots below).

As for the Food donation – Food bank hours, I have no idea why this event shows up in English in the French calendar. It’s a recurring event like the others and it was created the same way as the others.

If you update the Event Calendar on your localhost, does it "break" the calendar (as in, you get URL's glitches, page not found, etc.)?

May 4, 2019 at 7:43 am #3739491

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

If you update the Event Calendar on your localhost, does it "break" the calendar (as in, you get URL's glitches, page not found, etc.)?

You mean the plugin or any recurring or single event? Let me know for which one should I test and I will tell you about results.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 4, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3740241

stephaneB-31

Hi!

I mean the plug-in!

May 6, 2019 at 6:44 am #3745137

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've update the plugins and nothing changes - see images. Any specific URL I should look at?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 6, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3750451

stephaneB-31

Ok, great!

So, what should I do to solve the problems on the website? I still get page not found for single events.

E.g: hidden link

May 7, 2019 at 8:49 am #3755543

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I've performed broken link checker - it doesn't show any urls of events. Can you perform the same on your site, does it show any results?

Another thing - when these 404 happen, have you tried checking debug.log perhaps or reach out to hosting support so they can check server logs on what's behind the scenes, especially since you've said earlier that:

The Calendar works fine on all the other websites.

Perhaps they can give some clues on why this specific site is causing these outages.

I don't know what to suggest further, since I am unable to reproduce this on my localhost (how to trigger broken links) and even if I escalate this to our 2nd tier, they will ask me for information on how to reproduce, since only then they would be able to trace and debug the issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 8, 2019 at 7:42 pm #3770579

stephaneB-31

Hi,

We're currently talking with our web host, can you please confirm that you never had any problems on your localhost?

May 9, 2019 at 7:04 am #3773555

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This is how it went in the first take: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-translating-event-calendar-plug-in/#post-3723067

But that was most likely because I migrated the broken version. After permalinks save, no problems since. Everything works, even after the plugin update and broke link checker did not retrieve any URLs. I also opened random events in both languages and none of them give me 404.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 10, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3785949

stephaneB-31

Ok, great. One last thing, can you please confirm that you checked recurring events and single events in both languages? (the calendar is mostly recurring events so if you clicked at randoms, you most likely only checked recurring)

If you are unsure, please check the following:

English recurring :
May 10, 2019 - Food Bank – Service hours

English single :
May 15, 2019 - Parent & Baby Latin Dance with Emilie Phaneuf

French recurring:
May 14, 2019 - Banque alimentaire dons de nourriture

French single:
May 15, 2019 - Dance latin parent et bébé avec Emilie Phaneuf

Thanks!

May 10, 2019 at 4:06 pm #3786451

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

These all work, but there is one important thing - the URLs are wrong in the backend of the site. See these images - it adds all/all/ to URLs, making them wrong thus giving 404, even though If I open any of these to edit them, I can see the correct URL then and the link works.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 13, 2019 at 2:50 pm #3799573

stephaneB-31

We've found and fixed the issue!

Many fatal PHP errors in the log pointed out a resource issue. Upon checking, I found that the WP-Memory limit was insufficient (40M).

Although the define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '768M' ) was added long ago to the wp-config.php, it has to be put before the wp-settings.php inclusion line of code for it to work (it was placed after).

After that, it didn't worked right away. I had to:
1. Use all the cleanup buttons in the troubleshooting section of WPML
2. Disable Custom post slugs, then re-enable them
3. Flush Permalinks

What made it more confusing is that, earlier in the troubleshooting process, I found this thread with someone else having 40M WP-Memory limit , but your support said it could be a wrong reading from the plugin, so I discarded the possibility: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/memory-limit-40m/

Maybe updating and including a note in your support thread about putting the define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '768M' ) before the wp-settings.php inclusion line of code could be helpful to others.

More info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Cheers,

May 13, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3799651

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am super glad to hear that you got this resolved! Our minimum requirements actually link to https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP where it says "Please note, this has to be put before wp-settings.php inclusion.", but this is only written on the bottom and such important notice should be perhaps better highlighted on that Codex page.

On my localhost, I have it like this for this site:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

/** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */
if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
	define( 'ABSPATH', dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/' );
}

/** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */
require_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php' );

So most likely this is why it worked without problems. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 13, 2019 at 3:06 pm #3799831

stephaneB-31

My issue is resolved now. Thank you for the fast replies and support!

May 13, 2019 at 8:32 pm #3801485

stephaneB-31

Hi,

Looks like we celebrated too fast. It was working perfectly for 3 days and today it went back to giving 404 for French recurring events.

Is there any way that we can send you the log info of PHP errors? There are many errors such as this one :

[13-May-2019 19:53:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Event with ID [4713] is not parent of event with ID [8100] in /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Event_Listener.php:122
Stack trace:
#0 /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Event_Listener.php(62): Tribe__Events__Pro__Integrations__WPML__Event_Listener->ensure_event_is_parent_to('4713', 8100)
#1 /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): Tribe__Events__Pro__Integrations__WPML__Event_Listener->handle_recurring_event_creation(8100, '4713')
#2 /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#3 /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Instance.php(117): do_action('tribe_events_pr...', 8100, '4713')
#5 /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src in /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Event_Listener.php on line 122

May 14, 2019 at 8:53 am #3804929

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It would seem that this WPML-> Events Calendar integration is done by Events Calendar team? (according to the error path: plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Event_Listener.php:122)

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Event with ID [4713] is not parent of event with ID [8100] in /home/webdev86/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Event_Listener.php:122 

Have you reached out to their support about this and what this means?

Regards,
Bruno Kos