Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
March 29, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3491171

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I totally understand that.

My guess is that this is a compatibility issue so because we have it recreated in the sandbox, I will be able to send it forward to my colleagues from another department and see what they say.

I will leave this ticket assigned to me for the moment.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week with new feedback regarding this.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 1, 2019 at 8:51 am #3505413

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

I wanted to let you know that I escalated this to our Compatibility department and I am currently waiting for an answer from the team.

I will also change the status of this ticket to "Escalated to Compatibility team" and I will keep you updated as soon as I have any feedback.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 5, 2019 at 7:47 am #3541639

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

The Compatibility department responded back and it seems that I was doing a mistake as I did not realize that on the sandbox testing environment, the theme that was active was the child theme so that is why I was not able to find the strings.

It seems that I was able to find it after I realized that.

I will also attach some screenshots so that you can take a look at what I did and you can also check that on the sandbox backend.

Instead of looking at "theme_mods_oceanwp", we need to look at "theme_mods_oceanwp-child-theme-master".

So things work properly on a clean install and they should work for you, too, on your site.

If they still don't work, I suggest that you follow the next steps here:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons + Ocean WP Extra that enabled the functionality
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
- switch to a the main oceanwp theme (change from child to main)
- now you will need to be concentrating on the "theme_mods_oceanwp" admin texts so test if it's working with that. If it does, there might be something wrong with the child theme

Please let me know how it goes and what you will be able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai