This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Amit 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit.

Author Posts
April 23, 2014 at 9:27 pm #386407

julienM-9

Hello,
I am using WPML to translate my site
The only part I am unable to translate is the Portfolio. I have the latest version of the theme.
I have created the translations but the theme only displays French texts and not English for the portfolio title and items.
I was able to translate the portfolio categories using this information from the forum: http://wpml.org/forums/topic/portfolio-category-translation/
But I am unable to translate the rest of the Portfolio and request your kind help.

Thank you in advance.

Julien

screenshots:
1. The text in yellow on the homepage should be in english when using english language.
2. Same as 1, this is the portfolio page
3. When the french language is in use, the ALL category should be TOUT in french. It would be nice if I could translate that as well, but the first two points are more important 😉

April 23, 2014 at 11:10 pm #386460

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

WPML customer support service operates 18 hours per day, Monday to Friday.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 6 hours from now.

Thank you for your understanding,

WPML support team,
By OnTheGo System

April 24, 2014 at 1:03 pm #386966

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Dear Julien,

Thank you for contacting to us !

Did you translate portfolio to the second language ?

Please upload a screenshot of your WPML > Support page so we can confirm that the latest version of WPML plugins you are using.

_

With Regards

Andrey

April 24, 2014 at 4:33 pm #387140

julienM-9

Dear Andrey,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the Portfolio pages are already translated, I have uploaded the screenshot of the WPML support page.

Let me know if you need to access to the WP admin panel, I can provide a temp user if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

Julien

April 24, 2014 at 7:24 pm #387246

Andrey
Supporter

Dear Julien,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

I want you to know, if problem will be more complex then we expect, we need to contact the theme author and work with him on resolving the issue.

_

With Regards

Andrey

April 24, 2014 at 9:06 pm #387287

julienM-9

Dear Andrey,

Thank you for your help.
I have exported the site on a test server.

Best regards
Julien

April 25, 2014 at 4:39 pm #387922

Andrey
Supporter

Dear Julien,

Your site doesn't load. Can you please check ?

_

With Regards

Andrey

April 25, 2014 at 5:14 pm #387958

julienM-9

Dear Andrey,
Sorry that you can't load the site, it's hosted on my test server at home and my upload might be to slow. Should I create you the same account on the live site ? I have advanced on the problem a little bit :
I was able to translate the portfolio title, and the category by using the translate admin strings in WPML. (See screenshots attached.)
So the only part that I am know unable to translate with WPML is the portfolio item title which stays in french and when users click on it, it goes to the french page instead of the english one.

Best regards.
Julien

April 25, 2014 at 5:23 pm #387965

julienM-9

I am including here the php file which I think might help. I renamed it to .png to be able to upload it here. (rename it to template-portfolio.php)
I have created the wpml account for you on the live site.
I did some screenshots to show you what i was able to translate.

Thanks !

April 25, 2014 at 5:28 pm #387972

julienM-9

And I wanted to say we can do a Teamviewer if you prefer to work on the test site.

Thanks !

April 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm #387981

Andrey
Supporter

Dear Julien,

I need somehow to get access on your site to look closer on the issue.

I want you to know, if problem will be more complex then we expect, we need to contact the theme author and work with him on resolving the issue.

_

With Regards

Andrey

April 25, 2014 at 6:15 pm #387988

julienM-9

Dear Andrey,

I have created the same login for you as on the test site.

Thanks,

Julien

April 28, 2014 at 6:33 am #388547

Andrey
Supporter

Dear Julien,

I will pass your ticket to our second tier support, please be patient, wait reply from them.
Soon they will in touch with you.

_

With Regards

Andrey

April 28, 2014 at 8:37 am #388675

Amit
Supporter

Julien hi, this is Amit here from the WPML compatibility team.

I am looking at the admin credentials you have provided but it seems like I have only limited permission and I can not access some things that I need to.

Please grant me higher permissions so I can verify what is going on.

Thanks!

April 28, 2014 at 1:03 pm #389049

julienM-9

Hello Amit,

Thank you for your reply, I have changed the settings, could you check again and let me know if you have now full access ?

Thanks,

Julien

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem translating Portfolio title and items’ is closed to new replies.