This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4143631

ziga-krampersekV-2

Hello,

I am trying to setup our blog as 1 domain per language, each domain in /blog subfolder

HU language is default and works (however all the posts are not displaying on the index site anymore since I installed the plugin?)

I added a second language - croatian, and I have a test domain pointing to the same subfolder (you can check that the content is accessible via this domain here: hidden link)

You can see the setup in the attachment.

My questions are:
- Why does mike.launch.wave.si don't want to validate?
- How can I display language specific content on this domain

Thankyou!
Best
Žiga

July 4, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4144411

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. You asked: "..- Why does mike.launch.wave.si don't want to validate?.."

Question: Are you able to swtich between language urls as expected? Sometimes, the system can give false invalidations.

2. You asked: "---How can I display language specific content on this domain..."
I take it to mean that you are NOT able to switch successfully between domains.
I tried to visit the domain : hidden link but it is asking me for some IP validation credentials

Can you please provide these? I am opening the private area for this info.

July 5, 2019 at 9:32 am #4149651

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

It seems that all of your content was existing in Slovenian and you had nothing existing in HR and HU.

Just to test the switching, I changed the language of the pages and posts from SL to HU and also duplciated the home page to HR. I then activated the footer switcher.

You can see that the switching between the domains/languages is working even if the validation is not. As I mentioned before, sometimes the "validation" gives false reports and I believe, in your case, it has to do with the fact that you have the installation in a subfolder.

Try visiting the home page and using the language switcher to move between the two home page versions:
hidden link
hidden link

Note: You won´t see any posts in HR because I only changed the SL posts to HU. So there are no HR posts existing.

July 5, 2019 at 10:11 am #4150115
ziga-krampersekV-2

Thanks so much, got it 🙂

I think everything is working as expected now. Just one question - I noticed that the theme style (fonts) are changed on Croatian language. Does the language also affect CSS of the theme? Is it possible to turn this off?

Thank you for responsiveness!

New threads created by Yvette and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-css-different-between-languages/

July 5, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4152245

Yvette
Supporter

Hmm - I can see that. The CSS would be different if there is a theme setting that is not being translated.

Ii´d have to split this into a new ticket to investigate it since it´s a different topic.
I´ll do that now.

For now, let´s close this one about the domains if you are satisfied that the switching is working.