This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by itsikr 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 3:05 pm #2778583

itsikr

Hi,

I'm using WPML to translate a website built with Listify. I realized halfway through that it is supposedly not compatible, but most of the posts I saw were from 2015 so I don't know if it's still true. Anyway, I'm trying to make it work since I like WPML more than Polylang, and I don't want to start over with my translation...

I can't access listings AT ALL anymore even when coming from the backend. At some point the categories and regions were not available for translation so I went to WPML > Settings > Custom Taxonomy and tagged them for translation.

Since translating them, I'm not able to see my listings, my category pages or my search page anymore. Everything is 404. I was able to see them before the change.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the way the slugs changed from English to French. /listing-category/listing-x to /categorie-poste/listing-x-fr

I would prefer to make it work with the French slugs obviously, but if the only way to see my pages is with an English URL, I'd settle for it.

Thanks a lot.

(there is no language switcher yet, you can add /fr to the end of the URL)

Itsik

October 3, 2018 at 7:27 pm #2785555

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I think it would be best if I could look at the configuration on your system.

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Please provide detailed steps on how to replicate the erro...unless it´s as obvious as just attmepting to open a Listings post type.

Thanks

October 4, 2018 at 2:24 pm #2787794

itsikr

Will try something else for now. Might have to come back later...