This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Harshad 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
February 22, 2014 at 5:08 pm #345641

Vangelis

Hi! I have a website in 2 languages (greek and english). Default is greek. I have translated all pages. Today i edited some pages in the default language (nothing big, just edited text) and i got the warnings listed below. The problem is that that the translated pages were overwritten by the original page or they were completely lost. Is there any solution or workaround? What is the cause? My WPML version is 3.0.1 (i also have string translation 2.0.1)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/8/d376565700/htdocs/avadatest/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php on line 1987

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/8/d376565700/htdocs/avadatest/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php:1987) in /homepages/8/d376565700/htdocs/avadatest/wp-admin/post.php on line 222

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/8/d376565700/htdocs/avadatest/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/translation-management/translation-management.class.php:1987) in /homepages/8/d376565700/htdocs/avadatest/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 899

February 22, 2014 at 6:02 pm #345653

Vangelis

translation-management.class.php on line 1987 is:

$original_post = get_post($prev_job->original_doc_id);
/*line 1987*/ foreach($prev_job->elements as $element){
$prev_translation[$element->field_type] = $element->field_data_translated;

February 23, 2014 at 8:23 am #345729

Harshad

Dear Vangelis,

Can you please upgrade WPML and addon plugins to latest version 3.0.2-a, Also the post/pages are the translations duplicate or they are translated independently.

February 24, 2014 at 1:34 pm #346283

Vangelis

how can i upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 safely? can i just replace files? are any database changes in the new version?

February 25, 2014 at 5:46 am #346705

Harshad

Dear Vangelis,

If you prefer to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem when translating pages’ is closed to new replies.