Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Fran 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
December 22, 2021 at 11:21 am #10231001

Fran

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm started to use Phil Buchanan's Accordion blocks, and although it seems it's translated correctly, the title header appears in english in the translated pages.

This is a test page. Original english:
hidden link
Spanish translation:
hidden link

More information in the images

translation-editor.PNG
spanish.PNG
english.PNG
December 22, 2021 at 6:03 pm #10234449

Radu

Hey Fran,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I installed the Accordion Blocks plugin on my website so I can test it and see the issue. I can see that the title is not translated.
I also could see that the accordion text is nested inside the accordion block and this structure might not be compatible with WPML.

For now, you can use the top admin language switcher, when editing the page, and add the block manually to the translated page, just like you did on the original page.

I also asked my colleagues to have a look at this and see if there's any change we can make in order to make the translation added to the translation editor appear. I will give you a message back once one of my colleagues checks this out (which shouldn't take long).

Thanks,
Radu

December 23, 2021 at 8:20 am #10236539

Radu

Hey Fran,

My colleague found a fix for this one. Please copy the following XML config to WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab:

<wpml-config>
  <gutenberg-blocks>
    <gutenberg-block type="pb/accordion-item" translate="1">
      <xpath>//h2</xpath>
    </gutenberg-block>
  </gutenberg-blocks>
</wpml-config>

then go back to the page where you have the accordion, update it, and update the translation. This time, you should see the title available for translation in a separate field. Please give this a try and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

December 23, 2021 at 9:19 am #10237133

Fran

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Just a note for others: update the original and then update the translation didn't solve it. I had to update the original, delete the translation, and then re-translate. Then it worked.