Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 44 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by przemyslawP-15 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
October 27, 2021 at 10:17 am #9872669

przemyslawP-15

I've checked one more time your site and you have not filled in the fields that cause the error. Please have a look, on your site the issue still exists too

October 27, 2021 at 10:19 am #9872671

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hm, at this point can i have access to a staging site without the changes made so i can apply the changes there and check what's going on by comparing it with the sandbox?

I have enabled the credential fields so you can add them privately.

October 27, 2021 at 10:37 am #9872851

przemyslawP-15

Now there is identical situation on my and your page, the same issue, the same line.

October 27, 2021 at 11:03 am #9873097

Alejandro
Supporter

Did you do or touched something in the sandbox? the notification was gone when i tested it and i suspect at this point that maybe the problem returns if something is resaved or similar.

did you change or resaved any option, retranslated or deleted something in the sandbox?

October 27, 2021 at 11:58 am #9873419

przemyslawP-15

Yes, I filled in the fields that cause the error (of the repeat fields type). I don't know why, but they were empty. I'm sure I completed them before when you asked me to recreate the issue. You didn't see the error because the fields in the block did not contain any content.

October 27, 2021 at 12:21 pm #9873589

Alejandro
Supporter

Perfect. i'll go check then with our developers about this.

I'll keep ypu updated (please do not answer this ticket yet).

October 27, 2021 at 1:17 pm #9874357

Alejandro
Supporter

Ok, i think that we're not on the same page here. i recreated the case in a different sandbox: hidden link

and in there i can't see the error, however i filled and created repeater elements in all the footer block.

could it be that the content you were talking about needed to be filled in somewhere else?

October 28, 2021 at 6:23 am #9879275

przemyslawP-15

What's the difference which sandbox is it? You asked me to recreate issue on your sandbox and I did it, you could see it. By the way I checked your second sandbox and you had debugging disabled (define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );). I changed it for 'true' and now you can see the same issue.

October 28, 2021 at 7:30 am #9879811

Alejandro
Supporter

the debug was set to true afterwards ( i saw it was defined twice) but i believe the problem with the error not appearing is on our end, these sandboxes might have cache or something because after a while they appear and for this i can only apologize.

Our developer could actually see the problem before and was working on it.

November 2, 2021 at 7:51 am #9905993

Alejandro
Supporter

Can you please change the code i gave you before with this one:

private function get_string_hash($block_name, $text)
    {
        if (is_array($text)) {
            $result = "";
            foreach($text as $t) {
                if (is_array($t)) {
                 $result .= implode($t);
                } else {
                    $result .= $t;
                }
            }

}
        if (isset($result)) {
            $text = $result;
        }
        return md5($block_name . $text);
    }

you can see the entire procedure here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-acfml/page/2/#post-9866207

Let me know if that works for you.

November 2, 2021 at 8:10 am #9906085

przemyslawP-15

Hi,
Unfortunately it doesn't work at all. I get an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare WPML_ACF_Blocks::get_string_hash() in /home/laboprint/web/public/pub/wp-content/plugins/acfml/classes/class-wpml-acf-blocks.php on line 148

November 2, 2021 at 2:47 pm #9910329

Alejandro
Supporter

that error there means that the function already exists somewhere in the file and that should not happen, there should only be 1 function like that. can you please delete ACFML, download a fresh copy, install it and change the old function ( get_string_hash() ) with the new that i gave you?

November 3, 2021 at 8:41 am #9914579

przemyslawP-15

Hi,
Ok, I missunderstood you. You wrote that you want me to change the code which you've sent me before so I did it. Now I've left that code and changed the function ( get_string_hash() ) and the issue dissapeared. So it looks now it is working fine 🙂 Will it be included in future updates of your plugin? Thank you for your help.

Bes regards

November 3, 2021 at 3:26 pm #9918341

Alejandro
Supporter

It will be included in the next release of ACFML among a few other improvements. I apologize if i wasn't clear enough before, but i'm glad it's working now.

November 4, 2021 at 7:07 am #9922343

przemyslawP-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!