This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 10:54 am #3873841

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi jeff,

Please clone your live site to our private server, let me check if the issue can be reproduced on a fresh environment. Details about migration will be sent in my next private reply.

Kind regards
Raja

May 24, 2019 at 4:07 am #3881001

Jeff Musser

Hi Raja,

I was able to install the cloudways plugin on the live site and ran it with the information you gave me (although there weren't fields for database user or database password). when you go to the URL it says the page isn't working. I tried three different times.

If you can set up privates fields again i can send you links to a backup of the site. I'm not sure how else to get this to you since i can't get any of these plugins working.

See the attached screenshots - let me know- thank you!

May 24, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3884599

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I have fixed the cloudways site. Please try to reproduce the issue there. However, since you are using a custom theme I'm not sure I would be able to give you a definite solution as the probability of escalating this issue is very low. This will give you a fair idea if the issue is related to your environment.

Please test if the issue persists if WordPress and WPML are updated to the latest version.

Kind regards
Raja

May 24, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3886179

Jeff Musser

Hi Raja - when I try to update the plugin it says I do not have access to the page.

I'm still confused as to why it would work ok on our dev site and not our live site. Could it not be a setting that is incorrect somewhere? The codebase is identical for both environments.

Thanks!

May 24, 2019 at 4:15 pm #3886195

Jeff Musser

Also - I do think it is something in the database. So as I mentioned before - we have a dev, test and live environment. It works on dev and was broken (in the same way ) on test and live. I tested cloning the code and database from the dev to the test environment, and now it works on the test environment. Unfortunately we can't clone the database to the live site because it will overwrite all the content.

It seems like there is a setting somewhere that got messed up on the live site since it works fine on dev and test - what do you think?

May 27, 2019 at 3:55 am #3893411

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Jeff,

I have tested the clone site and made sure the settings for the location custom fields are the same as that in the development site, the issue remains the same. However, I can see in the translation there are a few PHP notices when trying to access the translation of find care page in the clone site hidden link.

Could you please turn on debug mode in your development and live site, It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file in both dev and live site and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Kind regards
Raja

May 28, 2019 at 1:38 am #3901827

Jeff Musser

Hi Raja - I'm working with the web host to get the logs up and running - i set up the configuration in wp-config but for some reason it isn't writing to a log file on dev or live.

also - have our php error logs if that is of any help. let me know and i could provide you a link via a private message to download from google drive. thanks!

May 28, 2019 at 4:29 am #3902669

Jeff Musser

Hi Raja -
I was able to get the WP debugging working with the help of our webhost. It wasn't configured correctly.

Here is a debug from the live site after publishing and unpublishing the locations: https://pastebin.com/W4iTz7eH

after doing the same actions on dev - the debug.log is empty.

let me know if you want me to send the other error log files - php etc. just need the private fields so i can send a secure URL. thank you!

May 28, 2019 at 10:15 am #3905497

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

HI Jeff,

The debug log shows only notices which can give some clue about the theme files, Can you please confirm whether the theme files are same as that of the development server ? Do you have access to server error logs as well? if so please share them as well.

Kind regards
Raja

May 28, 2019 at 1:00 pm #3907219

Jeff Musser

Hi Raja - yes the theme files are the same. all code on the dev, test and live environments are synced.

can you set up private fields so i can send you a private link to the server logs? thanks!

May 29, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3915859

Oscar Miras

Hi Jeff,

Raja is off so I'm going to work with you in the resolution of this issue.
I'm Oscar, nice to meet you.

According to your last reply, I'm setting your next reply so you can safely share the server log. You can paste it wherever you want in the reply as it will be private in whole.

Thank you,
Oscar.

June 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm #3978247

Jeff Musser

Hi Oscar!

Here are all of the server logs:

hidden link

Let me know if you need anything else.

June 17, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4036041

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Oscar is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum, in the meantime Raja is back (who originally had your ticket).

I hope this is OK with you.

First of all, sorry for the late reply, your ticket was a bit lost and we couldn't see it.

Returning to the issue, The logs you shared are not public so i couldn't see it, however we just released a new WPML version which fixes a lot of bugs, try updating our plugins to the latest version and tell me if the problem continues.

Regards.

June 27, 2019 at 10:11 pm #4103077

Jeff Musser

We gave access to Alejandro over a week ago. Were you still not able to view the logs?

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with custom taxonomies and translation’ is closed to new replies.