This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hectorV-3 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 9, 2019 at 9:06 pm #3983695

hectorV-3

I am trying to: get the slug of a CPT translated into English

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: URL of CPT translated to english,

Instead, I got:URL of CPT in default language (spanish),

problem description:
I have a problem with the translation of the slug of the CPT, make the translation using the translation of chains and all good. However, when I access the url of my products (CPT) in the English language it shows the string not translated.
Any solution to this problem

June 10, 2019 at 6:54 am #3985433

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please confirm that you have followed the steps here on our documentation on how to translate slugs for custom post type?

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/#enabling-custom-post-type-name-localization-in-wpml

Also, could you please share your Debug information with me? You can read the detailed explanation about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support

The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 10, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3989841

hectorV-3

review the documentation and I noticed that my CPT have the attribute has_archive = false. How could I change it ?, if I'm using a premium tamplate that already has the CPT defined. Its the only diferent .Thanks

June 11, 2019 at 4:17 am #3991849

Dennis

Hi,

Thank your for your reply.

With has_archive set to false, you should still be able to translate the slug of the CPT. However, you will not be able to translate the archive slugs.

Does the issue persists, if you deactivate all non-WPML plugins? Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 11, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3995489

hectorV-3

An additional information that might help, I'm using the Custom Post Type Permalinks plugin, it could be a compatibility problem with WPML.???

June 12, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4006441

hectorV-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!