This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by albertM-21 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
March 21, 2020 at 7:13 pm #5733923

albertM-21

My theme (sinrato) uses a wpbakery template in the header of the site. I've translated the template to different languages (see screenshot1). i've also checked the string mangager, and the text appears as translated (see screensho2). However, when i switch the language, text remains in the original english version. (see screenshot3).

Please tell me how to proceed

my site:www.partituki.com

March 22, 2020 at 2:45 pm #5735731

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

March 23, 2020 at 1:46 pm #5741701

Riffaz
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Norman is off for few days.
I will be helping you in this from now on.

You have too many strings because of more than one inactive themes and 63 plugins. this is way too much.

Please,
1. delete the themes you are not using anymore
2. delete the plugins you are not using anymore.
3. delete all type of the caches (browser, server and plugin)
4. go to WPML > Support > troubleshooting and click on all the buttons there.
5. make a small change in the original "Free Shipping on all Orders. Prices include VAT." like adding another dot. then translate again.
Now check the Italian version you should see this.

If you still see the issue, let me know how and where did you create this? https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/5733923-scrrenshot1.png

Regards,
Riffaz.

March 23, 2020 at 4:11 pm #5743457

albertM-21

Hi,

Al steps done, but the 2 problems persist.

1- Header does not change across language variations. You can see header options in WPBakery Page Builder>Templates
2- Language switcher does not work on this page (woocommerce shop page)
hidden link

Regards
albert

March 24, 2020 at 4:25 pm #5752855
albertM-21

Thx. done

Remember that we have 2 problems:
1- Header not bein translated
2- Language switcher nor workin on english shop page
Regards
Albert

New threads created by Riffaz and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/language-switcher-does-not-work-on-english-shop-page/

March 25, 2020 at 1:25 pm #5760873

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I spent half day checking this but still could not find the cause of this.
Our developers are looking in to this.
Please be patient till we get back to you again.

Regards,

March 25, 2020 at 3:06 pm #5762055

albertM-21

Any of the 2 problems could be solved ?

March 25, 2020 at 3:13 pm #5762079
albertM-21

Sorry, I forgot to tell you something. I don't know if it's a related problem, or if I should open a separate ticket for this:

When I create a product with variations, and i translate the product, variations dont'get copied on translations, and i have to go language by langauge, to manually create the variations. How can I solve this?. Check this product example:

hidden link

Regards

New threads created by Riffaz and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-variations-are-not-copied-translated-when-a-product-is-translated/

March 26, 2020 at 11:03 am #5768299

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Issue 1
Topbar / header test translation:

We could be able to reproduce the issue on the localhost copy. Issue still happens with DEV versions.

It's related with the "Sinrato" theme. There is a theme option to select it on Theme Options > Header >Header Layout, which stored on icl_admin_options[sinrato_opt][header_layout].

We fixed the issue by translating that option:

Go to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration and add the following XML code:

<admin-texts>
        <key name="sinrato_opt">
            <key name="header_layout"/>
        </key>
 </admin-texts>

Go to WPML > String Translation and search for "Header". THe correct string have the "admin_texts_sinrato_opt" domain
Translate it with the template TITLES (not slug)

I did this for you in your live site as well.
Now you can see the translated header/topbar in your Italian site.

Please check and close this ticket.

I will create two more tickets for your other two issues which are very different from this issue. We can avoid the confusion and reduce the waiting hours by creating new tickets for separate issues.

Regards,
Riffaz.

March 26, 2020 at 7:30 pm #5773351

albertM-21

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!