This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
April 7, 2015 at 10:27 am #594860

krzysztofM

I am trying to: view all images in english translation on my website

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: images,

Instead, I got: blank areas with loading circles

I think the problem is with string translation (maybe pll_register_string, but I don't know exactly how to use it). Problem is showing in different sites on my website where I have images in widgets, custom posts, where links are generating in .php files, not strict hmtl code in posts.

I had a similiar problem with sites with each of my product - in translation images have not showing, problem was with website url in translation, wpml try to get image from 'wykladziny/en' (i've change it to 'wykladziny/' and it worked).

April 7, 2015 at 12:21 pm #594946

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I think you haven't translated your media content yet, to do this follow the steps below :

1. Open WPML > Media Translation

2. Make sure that you selected
- Translate existing media in all languages
- Duplicate existing media for translated content
- Duplicate the featured images for translated content

3. And now click Start button

4. Wait for the plugin to do all the magic and when it's done you should see this message on the bottom of your screen

"You're all done. Now that the Media Translation plugin is running, all new media files that you upload to content will receive a language. You can automatically duplicate them to translations from the post-edit screen."

That's it. I hope this solves your issue.

However, if this doesn't solve your issue, please check if the problem persist with

1. All non WPML Plugins deactivated
2. Theme Twenty Fourteen activated

And give me your feedback. Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with images in sliders/widgets/custom posts’ is closed to new replies.