Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Unable to complete installation with SG cache enabled

Solution:
Two possible solutions for this case
1) Disabled SG cache and complete the installation
2) Create a php file in wp-content/mu-plugins add the below code to the file:

<?php
wp_cache_add_global_groups( 'options' );

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by anitaZ-3 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 5:19 am

anitaZ-3

We can't finish installation of wpml. I have installed all plugins, registered, and when I tried to pick languages (second tab on wpml inside WP) and clicked next nothing happened. I have tried that several times. Next, I have tried to Clear language information and repopulate languages, than and also tried to reset WPML, deactivate, delete, but nothing worked.

Now, the database is broken. I'm Sending you WPML Debug info.

My theme: ANAM by 7up themes
Wordpress 5.3 updated (today)
Site language: Croatian

P.S. This website is created today, so I can erase whole installation if needed.

DEBUG INFO:
Table 'iz***nj_ansh**.anshop_icl_strings' doesn't exist
Array
(
[language] => hr
[context] => admin_texts_woocommerce_price_thousand_sep
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => 1e04a8679ef1712154b9bec236ad30d6
[name] => woocommerce_price_thousand_sep
[value] => ,
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] => 1
)

Thank You,
Anita

November 13, 2019 at 6:36 am
November 13, 2019 at 6:41 am
November 13, 2019 at 6:56 am #4935987

anitaZ-3

Migration is complete:)

November 13, 2019 at 12:25 pm #4938933

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I am able to complete the WPML setup on your site by disabling SG Dynamic and Memeche from the SG Optimizer plugin, Please verify whether WPML works for you.

This seems like a compatibility issue with Siteground caching would you mind creating a staging site for us to test this further. So that we can make the SG cache plugin compatible with WPML

Kind regards
Raja

November 19, 2019 at 3:45 pm #4973995

anitaZ-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! GREAT customer service.