This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 28, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3483233

edoardoG-2

I think there are several bugs that affect the latest version of wpml on a multisite network.

for example the media are duplicated, even if I have disabled this option, not only after the reset I lose some media that are corrupted or disappear, or I find myself with 3/4 copies of the same image.

I'm doing a lot of bad figures with my clients.

I use wpml because I find it to be a great product but in the last version it created problems and delays for me

March 29, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3491803

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

When you say this:

for example the media are duplicated, even if I have disabled this option,

Does it mean that you've disabled all the options within:
WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation -> How to handle media for new content:

But if you upload it into media library language, it is available within all languages, or?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 1, 2019 at 5:37 am #3503915

edoardoG-2

the images are corrupted a few times after the uninstallation and installation of wpml and are loaded for all languages

April 1, 2019 at 8:00 am #3505133

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

and are loaded for all languages

That would be expected behavior because removing WPML would not delete images upload through various languages.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/need-to-remove-duplicate-images-from-media-library-after-deactivation-of-wpml/#post-1300146

the images are corrupted a few times after the uninstallation and installation of wpml

Can you provide more information on how are these corrupted?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 5, 2019 at 7:23 am #3541257

edoardoG-2

by corrupt I mean that in the library nothing is seen in the preview and by opening it the image is not loaded.

April 5, 2019 at 9:23 am #3542587

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

by corrupt I mean that in the library nothing is seen in the preview and by opening it the image is not loaded.

When does this occur? Does it also happen if:
- WPML and all its addons are not active
- you upload image through page translations when WPML
- you upload images into media library or translations when WPML is not active

If this happens only with WPML, can you test also this way:
- when only WPML plugins are activated, as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Seventeen as it will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme

So what I am trying to determine here is what might be the exact culprit for this. Also, note that there have been WPML plugin upgrades since we started this ticket - can you update these all and check then?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with media’ is closed to new replies.