If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have problem with your WPML menu, in the mobile device part do not give the possibility to change language. is it possible to correct this?

Solution: In order to solve this issue I recommend you to follow this steps: - Go to Appearance -> Menus -> Create a new menu only for mobile - Go to WPML -> Languages -> Menu language switcher -> Create a new language switcher for the mobile menu -> Set this language switcher as a list (not as a dropdown) -> Uncheck the 'Current language' option -> Save the changes.

With this new approach you only need to adjust the flags using CSS (I can help you with this) and the issue will be solved.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 4:10 pm #2768046

gabrieleS-15

I have problem with your WPML menu, in the mobile device part do not give the possibility to change language. is it possible to correct this?

the site is: hidden link
I beg you to check with mobile device (iphone or android)

September 27, 2018 at 9:18 pm #2771814

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 28, 2018 at 5:07 pm #2774498

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

I wasn't able to log in the site. Could you tell me if you can log in the site correctly? Also, is there any access restriction for the backend of the site?

Regards,
Carlos

October 2, 2018 at 6:20 am #2780430

gabrieleS-15

no there is no limitation

October 2, 2018 at 4:18 pm #2782249

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't log in the site, I get an 'ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR' message in the browser. Could you double check if everything is working correctly?

Regards,
Carlos

October 4, 2018 at 10:33 am #2787168

gabrieleS-15

I apologize to you but we have had problems with our VPS, now the website in question has been re-instated and you can connect using these new parameters:

Connect in BO Site
Link: hidden link
User: ***
Password: ***
--------------
Connect in Our Server VPS :
User: ***
Password: ***
after entering you have to go to the Captain Deepesh section and enter them in the File Manager of the site and always in that section you can enter even if you need it in the MySql of the site.

I remind you that on the mobile mode (smartphone and tablet) the choice of the multilingual flag is not activated or there is an error.

Thanks

October 4, 2018 at 5:45 pm #2788438

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

1.- I have removed the login information from your previous message for ecurity reasons (it wasn't provided in a secure way).

2.- In order to solve this issue I recommend you to follow this steps:
- Go to Appearance -> Menus -> Create a new menu only for mobile
- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Menu language switcher -> Create a new language switcher for the mobile menu -> Set this language switcher as a list (not as a dropdown) -> Uncheck the 'Current language' option -> Save the changes.

With this new approach you only need to adjust the flags using CSS (I can help you with this) and the issue will be solved.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2018 at 6:14 am #2794805

gabrieleS-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 8, 2018 at 3:37 pm #2796768

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos