This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 8:20 am #3949147

alexisO-3

I am trying to: translate the website in a 3rd language (japanese)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the images loading properly. Same goes for the recipe page. I m only having this problem with japanese and not chinese where the blog posts and images load properly.

Instead, I got: Warning: You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.

June 4, 2019 at 9:54 am #3950007

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi

Currently, when I compare the link to the Japanise page that gave me to the English, I do not see any missing image. On both pages, I see the same images.
Have you fixed this problem already?
For the recipe's page at the following link, I do not see a Japanese translation.
hidden link

You mentioned that you get the warning:
You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor, but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor.
If on the editing page you are switching the language flag at the top admin bar you get this message. And it is happening because WPML is configured to use the Translation Editor. This is the preferred way of editing translations.
Can you keep on working with PWML's Translation Editor?

Please also correct the following as it might be related to the issue that you have and anyhow must be corrected. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 4, 2019 at 12:11 pm #3951433

alexisO-3

Hi Itamar,
Thanks for your reply, but here is the deal: no issue and warning message whatsoever with the Chinese version. Only japanese is not fetching properly some Visual composer components i believe.

Also the Japanese page is already "translated" even if no content is showing, you will see it's trying to fetch data (loading) and nothing is happening.

Unfortunately I have a WordPress hosting on Godaddy and cant access the wp-config file. Also I would understand why the whole thing would either not work / work on all the versions but the fact that only one is not working is very weird.

I can send you acccess to the backend but i dont see that option now

June 5, 2019 at 9:32 am #3958495

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

It looks like that for the Japanise translation you have done something that broke the usual workflow and caused the problem. As I've mentioned, you should finish the translation of the Japanise page with WPML's Translation Editor. Please make sure that you are following our instruction on how to work with WPMl and WPBakery.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

Otherwise, if things still do not work for you, then please share with me the access to your site and explain to me exactly how and where to see the problem. Currently, when I check your site, I do not understand where images are missing on a Japanise page. Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with one language and its images’ is closed to new replies.