Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 16, 2019 at 7:02 am #4762615

hanne-mariM

I am trying to:
Enrich existing WooCommerce products with WP All Import.

I expected to see:
I try to run a WP All Import to enrich products in Finnish language.

Instead, I got:
The WP All Import enrichment process doesn't update Finnish products, but it instead updates products in Swedish (although WP All Import setting Content Language "fi (default)" is selected).

All the products were originally created using the WooCommerce API (the product information comes from an external ERP system with API integration).

October 16, 2019 at 5:32 pm #4767777

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

What field are you using as the unique identifier when you run the import? If the field is the same for both languages, this could be the culprit. Had you previously ran an import in Swedish?

Feel free to send me the WP All Import template and file and I will be happy to test on a fresh install to see if I get the same results.

October 23, 2019 at 7:05 am #4807873

hanne-mariM

The products were originally created using the WooCommerce API (the product information comes from an external ERP system with API integration), so the products were not created by WP All Import in the first place. WPML All Import setting in the WP All Import template is:

Records matching logic:
Import data in main language (fi)

What is the easiest way to send the WP All Import template?

October 23, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4811725

Lauren
Supporter

You can export the template from WP All Import and upload it to DropBox or Google Drive, and share the link in your next reply. I have marked the next reply as private.

October 31, 2019 at 11:10 am #4862933

hanne-mariM

Here you go 🙂

hidden link

Staging:
hidden link

October 31, 2019 at 11:13 am #4862969

hanne-mariM

Can you mark another message to private (for sending credentials)?

October 31, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4864289

Lauren
Supporter

The next reply is marked as private. Thanks!

November 4, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4883177

Lauren
Supporter

I think the issue here is that you are not mapping the import to an original import in the default language. Updating only the translated products will not work, because when you select the language in the WPML All Import settings, you also have to select which import is the parent import in the default language. So, the steps should be as follows:

1. Run an import to update products in original language
2. Run a second import to update the translated products and map this to the parent import.

Can you please try this on your site and let me know if it resolves the issue? Thanks!

November 5, 2019 at 8:14 am #4886145

hanne-mariM

Thank you for your tips. So if we make an import to update products in original language, can we only update, let's say title? Or what are the necessary fields to make the mapping work?

November 5, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4889825

hanne-mariM

I tried your solution, but with no luck: I wasn't able to update the Swedish product translations to drafts. You can see the latest imports from the staging area (Import ID's are 48 and 49).

November 5, 2019 at 5:27 pm #4892065

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like you are trying to use the sku as the unique identifier, is this correct? If so, please try using a different unique identifier. I can see that you have the same sku numbers in multiple languages, so this is likely part of the problem.

WPML recommends creating a unique column in the imported csv specifically for the unique identifier and using that to map the import. Please let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

November 6, 2019 at 11:28 am #4897693

hanne-mariM

Hi. I just made a new import update to original language with a new unique identifier column. After that I tried to update all Swedish products to drafts with import, where the new unique identifier was mapped. Still no luck 🙁

November 6, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4898275

hanne-mariM

Ok, a little observation from the last import: even if I'm trying to update the Swedish products by selecting Content Language to "se" and define parent import with the unique identifier, the system updated the Finnish products?

November 6, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4899207

Lauren
Supporter

Please send me the two files you are importing (the parent file and the file for Swedish products) along with the template that you are using, and I will run this import on a clean install. I will then edit the files (I'll save them on my end, so as not to edit your main file) and run the import again to see if changes take place. You can upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the links in your next reply.

November 6, 2019 at 3:02 pm #4899699

hanne-mariM

Can you mark my next answer as private?

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with product enrichment (WPML, WooCommerce + WP All Import)’ is closed to new replies.