This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 21, 2020 at 12:06 pm #6186221

enricod-6

Hi,
I have a problem with the copy of the eng-ita property I use the theme Real Homes (modern), I click on overwrite, figure ita-1 in the basic information the field are blocked unchangeable. The eng-2 image gallery does not have the same order as ita-2.
Can you help me?

Thanks

Regards

May 21, 2020 at 7:37 pm #6189839

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Can you please, confirm if the images keep the same order in the Media Library in both languages from your WordPress Dashboard > Media settings?

Also, is there any specific setting to order the images by id, date, etc in your property editing screen? Maybe your theme code defines some random order to show the images in code and this way it is not something WPML can handle. In any case, please, provide me with this info and we'll proceed with a more detailed look.

Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 21, 2020 at 10:40 pm #6190677

enricod-6

Hi Marco,
the order in the Media Library is the same for both languages.
I tried to translate the page eng->ita with "copy content from eng" and not with "overwrite with ..". In this case the property gallery is not copied directly, when from the Media Library I select the images manually and add the images to the gallery the order is also correct in Ita. The problem is in overwrite. "Overwrite with.." for me is the fastest solution.

Thank you.

May 22, 2020 at 4:00 pm #6196979

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 25, 2020 at 11:52 pm #6214023

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details and sorry for the delayed reply due the weekend. I took a look at your website and could confirm the mentioned behavior, it seems to be caused by the way your theme custom fields get the gallery content, in any case we can test it in a clean sandbox envionment in order to confirm if we have any workaround for that if the order difference is really an issue for you. In these cases, these are the procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 26, 2020 at 7:02 am #6215823

enricod-6

Hi Marcos,
thanks for the test area, I installed the essentials, and I don't reproduce the problem, I inspected my installation and found this:

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ',81,,,,,,87,,89,,,,) ) AND ( wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'REAL_HOMES_property_pric' at line 6]
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships ON (wp_posts.ID = wp_term_relationships.object_id) INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON ( wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id ) JOIN wp_icl_translations wpml_translations ON wp_posts.ID = wpml_translations.element_id AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('post_', wp_posts.post_type) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_posts.ID NOT IN (5118) AND wp_posts.post_parent NOT IN (5118) AND ( wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (60,61,64,67,68,70,98) OR wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (,,81,,,,,,87,,89,,,,) ) AND ( wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'REAL_HOMES_property_price' ) AND wp_posts.post_type = 'property' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'private') AND ( ( ( wpml_translations.language_code = 'en' OR ( wpml_translations.language_code = 'en' AND wp_posts.post_type IN ( 'custom_css','customize_changeset','oembed_cache','user_request','wp_block','elementor_library' ) AND ( ( ( SELECT COUNT(element_id) FROM wp_icl_translations WHERE trid = wpml_translations.trid AND language_code = 'en' ) = 0 ) OR ( ( SELECT COUNT(element_id) FROM wp_icl_translations t2 JOIN wp_posts p ON p.id = t2.element_id WHERE t2.trid = wpml_translations.trid AND t2.language_code = 'en' AND ( p.post_status = 'publish' OR p.post_type='attachment' AND p.post_status = 'inherit' ) ) = 0 ) ) ) ) AND wp_posts.post_type IN ('post','page','attachment','custom_css','customize_changeset','oembed_cache','user_request','wp_block','elementor_library','property','agent','partners','slide','faq' ) ) OR wp_posts.post_type NOT IN ('post','page','attachment','custom_css','customize_changeset','oembed_cache','user_request','wp_block','elementor_library','property','agent','partners','slide','faq' ) ) GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_postmeta.meta_value+0 DESC LIMIT 0, 2

May 27, 2020 at 7:11 pm #6232511

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

May 30, 2020 at 4:25 pm #6256599

enricod-6

Hi Marcos,
sorry for the late reply because of the work, by Monday I upload the files for the tests in sandbox mode ok ?

June 2, 2020 at 12:46 am #6268893

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

No, worries, just let me know when you are done. Have a nice day.

June 8, 2020 at 12:59 pm #6321275

enricod-6

Hi Marcus,
every time i try to upload the backup with duplicator, it has a problem

June 9, 2020 at 12:44 am #6325327

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Which is the specific issue you have? Acutally you don't need to upload an entire website package, instead you just need to upload the theme and the required plugins to replicate the issue in a minimal install. Please, let me know if you need any other details and clarifications, have a nice day.

June 9, 2020 at 4:24 pm #6333791

enricod-6

Hi Marcus,
I don't have access to the sendbox for the upload.

Tnx

June 9, 2020 at 5:43 pm #6334665

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As you delayed in using it the previous created sandbox website was expired. Please, try this one: hidden link (it is one click login url, clicking on it will allow you to be automatically logged in).

Please, don't forget to follow these instructions: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/problem-with-property-copy/#post-6214023, let me know if you need any additional details and clarifications, have a nice day.

June 11, 2020 at 4:18 pm #6352741

enricod-6

Hi Marcus,
I have problems to replicate the errors in the sandbox, I have created a test-area on my server, can I send you the access for wp and ftp?

Tnx

June 11, 2020 at 4:19 pm #6352771

enricod-6

Hi Marcus,
I have problems to replicate the errors in the sandbox, I have created a test-area on my server can I send you the access data wp and ftp?

Tnx,
have a nice day

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with property copy’ is closed to new replies.