This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by walterS-16 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
August 16, 2018 at 10:11 am #2649199

walterS-16

Hi!

I bought WPML recently and had to import my website from previously qtranslate X.
I used the import plugin tool. After processing it according the instruction, most was more or less fine, but many page names have been cut by some letter - as mentioned before here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-qtranslate-importer-not-working/page/2/

I corrected the names manually by using "quickedit" on the WP "pages" menu

If I use on the Dashboard the WPML - translation menu - where the pages are listed (Job ID / Title / Type / Language / Status of translation ...) HERE still the page names are corrupted (some are still missing the last few letters).

How can I fix this problem?

Regards!
Walter

See screenshot:
"Nutzung der La" instead of "Nutzung der Label"
"Standard Revis" instead of "Standard Revision"
"XertifiX PLUS-La" instead of "XertifiX PLUS-Label"
etc.

August 16, 2018 at 12:02 pm #2649599

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Walter, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

It seems like the issue is caused by the fact that the translation jobs were created before the page names were corrected.

If that's the case, the issue should not affect the frontend of your site.

Completing the translation and then sending the pages to translation again should fix it.

Can you please confirm?

Thank you

August 16, 2018 at 7:21 pm #2651160

walterS-16

Hi Vincenzo, thanks for your quick reply. I checked this out with one example:

- in the Dashboard the WPML - translation menu - where the pages are listed (Job ID / Title / Type / Language / Status of translation ...) I put "translate"
- on the translate-page I cannot change the corrupted title "Kurator" on the left side (see screenshot below).
- then I make "save and close" an return to the translation menu from before

Did I follow your instructions correctly?

There is no change of the mentioned title. Any idea?

regards,
Walter

August 17, 2018 at 9:13 am #2652757

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Walter,

to be able to change the translation job you need to do these steps:

1. Complete at 100% the old translation (what is shown in your last screenshot)

2. Make a small edit of the original post/page.
- Please try also to do the small edit from the normal edit page instead of the Quick edit.

3. Send the page to translation again from: WPML -> Translation Management -> Translation Dashboard

4. Complete the translation.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you

August 17, 2018 at 9:17 am #2652788

walterS-16

Thanks, Vincenzo, I will try this in the next week and let you know.
Best regards,
Walter

August 17, 2018 at 10:55 am #2652984

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Walter,

I will wait for the results of your tests.

Best regards,
Vincenzo

August 21, 2018 at 5:55 am #2661889

walterS-16

...still working on it...
(A stupid robot came by and told me the thread would close if I did not log in somehow)...

August 21, 2018 at 9:24 am #2662384

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Walter,

yes, the automated system will ask for feedback before closing the ticket.
Feel free to take your time to make the needed tests.
I will wait for the results.

Best regards,
Vincenzo

August 27, 2018 at 2:23 pm #2678695

walterS-16

Hi Vincenzo,

I did the following:

- first I imported the full page again via qtranslate importer to see, whether the problem is solved that way
- unfortunately, the problem appeared again: some letters missing in the page titles 🙁

Then I followed your instructions:
- first go to WP admin "pages" and open the original site plus the translated site
- correct the spelling of the title in the original and the translated page
- IMPORTANT: klick "update" FIRST on the translated page and only THEN "update" the original page. If you do it reverse, then, the letters are still missing...
- go then to the WPML "translate" section
- there you find, that the recently updated page needs some action "ready (requires an update)", klick then on the button "edit"
- tick the two boxes "translation finished" and klick below "save and close"

Then, the problem is solved.

Thanks.

BUT: this is a lot of manual work. It would be great, if the excellent qtranslate importer would fix this problem, too, itself...

Regards,
Walter