This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by adriO 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
June 1, 2018 at 2:11 pm #2261608

adriO

In a Dutch site I'm developing on my local machine I have installed the Advanced Free Shipping Plugin. With this plugin you can create all kinds of shipping methods. The default language of the site is Dutch. There will be no other languages at all. I use WPML to translate some strings from plugins or the theme which are not (yet) available in Dutch.

There are two shipping methods 1 = Afhalen op afspraak and 2 = Bezorgen. (see screenshots)
The weird thing is that I get "Verzendmethoden" instead of "Bezorgen" when WooCommerce Multilingual is active. Strange thing is that there is no shipping method "Verzendmethoden" at all. The word "Verzendmethoden" does exists as the title of the shipping methods tab.

I've contacted the plugin author and he claims that there is nothing changed in his plugin.
When I deactivate the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin I am presented with the correct label "Bezorgen" and when the plugin is active it says "Verzendmethoden".

What to do about it?

Best wishes,

Adri

June 4, 2018 at 8:52 pm #2271744

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support. I'll do my best to help you with this.
Go to WPML -> String Translation and use the search feature to find the strings and translate them.

Let me know if that helps,
Ricardo

June 5, 2018 at 4:26 am #2272444

adriO

Hi Ricardo, thank you for your reply.

Just wondering.... translate them into what?

Dutch has to stay Dutch. No translation needed. Please elaborate on this.

June 5, 2018 at 2:33 pm #2275824

Ricardo Alday

Sorry, I misread your question. Can you upload a copy of the Advanced Free Shipping Plugin to Google Drive or Dropbox so I can test why the strings are being overwritten by WCML?

Thanks,
Ricardo

June 11, 2018 at 3:54 am #2404211

adriO

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry for my late reply.
The problem was occurring on my local install. However I had to update a bunch of plugins on the live site and I don't see the problem surfacing there at this moment.
So, I suggest to mark it as resolved right now.

When it does surface again I will create a new ticket.

Thanks for your effort to help me out.