This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am getting this error:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

Solution: If you have WPML v4.0.7 or earlier, it is safe just to dismiss that notice as it could be a one-time event due to updates, all will be fine for WPML then. We had a similar issue before, but it was handled already in the current version. You see this error since you are just upgrading from the old version (which produced that error) to the new one.

In case you can’t dismiss this notice, you can solve it by removing the empty value from your database table "wp_icl_strings" using database tool like PHPMyAdmin or similar. Before doing that please Backup your database and website for safety.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by agnesN-2 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 10:48 pm #2779617

agnesN-2

I see the following in the backend on the plugins page:

We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.
Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => woocommerce
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => 267cc53454cb3dcfb04ec4f77524beff
[name] => 06de17789da6813ae428a4bc3297af73
[value] => Sorry! We tried, but we couldn't connect Jetpack just now ?. Please go to the Plugins tab to connect Jetpack, so that you can finish setting up your store.
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)

I don't see any problem with the site itself. I have this both for my clone site and live site.

October 3, 2018 at 8:38 pm #2785727

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It is safe just to dismiss that notice as it could be a one-time event due to updates, all will be fine for WPML then. We had a similar issue before, but it was handled already in the current version. You see this error since you are just upgrading from the old version (which produced that error) to the new one.

In case you can’t dismiss this notice, you can solve it by removing the empty value from your database table "wp_icl_strings" using database tool like PHPMyAdmin or similar. Before doing that please Backup your database and website for safety.

Please, see a reference to this issue in another ticket here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/we-have-detected-a-problem-with-some-tables-in-the-database-27/

Is dismissing the message solves the issue for you?

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 4, 2018 at 9:42 pm #2788849

agnesN-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!