This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joseG-33 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4424763

joseG-33

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Months ago I had to disable String Translation because it slowed down my website too much. With the latest update it seems that the web is loading correctly but now a problem arose.

During all these months I had to use Loco Translate to translate parts of the web. Now, once I deactivate Loco Translate and activate String Translations there are parts of the web that are not translated as the "View Cart" "Checkout" buttons or the Chekout page. I have tried to do several things but those strings are still not translated despite being translated for months in String Translation. Everything happened by having to use Loco Translate, but it is not fixed by deactivating the plugin.

I look forward to your help. regards

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

August 21, 2019 at 2:44 am #4427379

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

WPML should be able to use the files generated by LocoTranslate plugin. Please go to WPML - Theme and plugins Localization - Localization options - and select the option to use both String Translation and mo files.

August 21, 2019 at 7:46 am #4428633

joseG-33

Hi, I can't find where to select that option, I'm sorry. Can you send me a screenshot where that option is located? Greetings and sorry for the inconvenience

i send you a screenshot of what appears to me.

Dont appear more options like i saw in this post https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Can you help me please?

August 22, 2019 at 4:29 am #4436235

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Please make sure you are on latest version of both WPML and WPML String Translation.

I've attached the screenshot for your reference.

August 22, 2019 at 7:34 am #4437095

joseG-33

Hi again. I have the latest beta version, can you see the screenshots and dont appear the location like your screenshot. I use Spanish and Portuguese languages in my site.

August 23, 2019 at 8:49 am #4445483

joseG-33

Can you help me please?

August 24, 2019 at 12:45 am #4450037

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

The beta version of WPML String Translation works a bit differently and you should regenerate mo files if you used String Translation before. Please take a backup and follow the below instructions:

1. Go to WPML -> Support.
2. Click the Troubleshooting link.
3. Scroll towards the end of the page, and click Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box.
4. Reload the page
5. The dialog which allows you to regenerate the .mo files will appear. Click Start.

More information on beta version is available here:
https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

Let me know if you have any questions.

August 26, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4459713

joseG-33

I made all the things that you told me in your instructions, but i countinue with the same problem. I generate the .mo files but nothing was solved.

August 27, 2019 at 6:26 am #4463027

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for confirming.

I would like to request your WordPress login details to debug this further. Please note that since it is a beta version, it could be a issue within the plugin itself.

I've marked your next reply as private.

September 10, 2019 at 5:15 pm #4547653

joseG-33

I continue with the same problem. I can not translate any strings with the upgrade of wpml