This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
January 21, 2020 at 5:08 am #5329245

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your message. Yes, I did receive your last response. We are working on this and I will get an update for you shortly.

Thank you!

January 21, 2020 at 4:55 pm #5335023

ana-paulaL

Ok, thank you 🙂

January 28, 2020 at 6:10 pm #5379945

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi, any updates?
Let me know if I can help with anything...

Also, are you making tests on your servers? Can I keep updating the blog on the meantime?

January 30, 2020 at 12:05 pm #5391849

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Ana,

Yes, we're testing on our end. You can make changes to your site.

I will update you shortly regarding this issue!

Thank you!

February 13, 2020 at 7:43 pm #5489607

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi,

Any updates on the issue?

February 25, 2020 at 7:45 am #5559757

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Ana,

Apologies, I was not available last week to provide an update and missed the notification.

I just wanted to update that we have new versions of WPML as well as ACF available to update to, which should resolve a number of issues. You can find these versions here:
https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Please update your website to the latest versions and back it up completely. Then try to perform the functions as you were trying before. If we hit an error, I'll relay it to our compatibility team.

Best,
Izzi

February 28, 2020 at 11:25 am #5584677

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi,

I updated all the plugins but it is still not working.

And I have to say that I am very upset and disappointed.

This ticket is open for almost 3 months. In this time there was no update, mostly late responses, from which 2 times you said you didn't reply because you were not available. The last time I heard from you - one month ago - you said you were working on it. And now, the answer is not related at all to any news, but only asking me to update the plugin (something you could have tested yourself, I guess).

So please tell me, what have you been working in this last 3 months? Isn't it possible that when you are unavailable, that someone else take care of the ticket for you instead of leaving it unanswered? And what does it mean that you will relay to your compatibility team? If they are the ones able to work on the issue, why weren't they working on the issue before???

This is not a cheap plugin, at least for me. And I am paying for it to work fully, including support... So I feel it is very unfair that my issue is being constantly left by side.

February 28, 2020 at 11:50 am #5584949

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Ana,

I apologize for the frustration and will attempt to explain the situation.

In order for me to escalate something to the compatibility team, we have to be able to reproduce the problem with compatible themes and plugins in a minimal environment. We cannot provide custom support for themes that have not been certified to work with WPML. However, if there's a solution, our compatibility team does reach out to the authors of the theme or plugin and ask them to help fix the issue for everyone.

As such, I've attempted to recreate the issue without any luck outside of your website. However, I was informed to wait for new updates as we were already working on a number of ACF related issues, since ACF IS compatible.

Again, I do apologize for missing updates but I haven't had a lot of updates to share. Yes, normally we do have someone else to respond if someone is not available, however, this ticket was waiting on internal ACF tickets to be completed and so I hadn't reassigned it to anyone while I was away.

During this time, we've also moved away from our old testing server which meant that I either needed a fresh copy of your website or needed to update the plugins on your live website to test, which we do not do without notifying you.

As it is, I have escalated the issue when I sent you the last message and requested that we do provide some custom support here since you've waited a while for this to be fixed.

If you can take a backup of the site, I will push to have some solution or workaround provided for you. Once you confirm you have a new backup, I will make a fresh copy of the website and pass it to our team to investigate further.

Best,
Izzi

February 29, 2020 at 4:15 pm #5591847

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi,

Thank you for clarifying the situation. I hope the solution come soon!
I just did the backup for the website, so you can make a fresh copy.

Bestm

March 10, 2020 at 6:23 am #5651933

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Thank you Ana,

I've received a Beta version with some fixes and we are testing. I will have some news for you shortly!

April 2, 2020 at 8:51 am #5820305

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi,

Any updates?

April 2, 2020 at 10:14 am #5821059

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi Ana,

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you're staying safe during the current situation!

We have resolved the issues we had with ACF. ACF works great with WPML at the moment and we have not noticed any major issues during our testing. We also have new versions of your theme and our plugins available to you now.

If you can back up your site again and update Milea / Plugins, please hold off on translating anything and give me a few examples of incorrect or untranslatable content. I may need to make some edits in the database if necessary but I'm sure we can get the site to where you can update and translate normally again.

Thank you,
Izzi

April 10, 2020 at 10:53 am #5883263

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi,

I hope you are also safe!

I updated everything but the issue is still there. Could you please test it before, the next time you message me? I understand that updating the website might fix the issues, but it is also very upsetting to wait so long for a response, and then update and still see the same problem after more than 5 months waiting for it to be fixed. So please make the test before asking me to do it.

I still have problems with the 'About Me' blocks. I created a new page from scratch to see if the problem persists after updating, and it is still the same.

Explaining one more time: I create a page in English, called 'WPML Test'. Then, I clicked in 'add translation in Portuguese'. The new page does not inherit the layout of the English version automatically. If I click 'Copy content from English' the layout is still not inherited and nothing happens. So I click first in 'Overwrite with English content' and afterwards in 'Translate content independently', so I am able to translate the fields. However, although some fields are updated with the translation, some others are not. The fields that aren't updated are Text and Title from the 'About Me 2' block. When I save the page these 2 fields are replaced with the English content.

Feel free to make a backup of the website to your server and make the necessary changes for this to work.

April 10, 2020 at 11:01 am #5883271
ana-paulaL

Quick update: the 'Copy content from English' actually works. But the problem still persists. If I copy the content, update with the translation and then save it, only some fields are updated, and others are not.

The fields that aren't updated are Text and Title from the 'About Me 2' block. When I save the page these 2 fields are replaced with the English content.

New threads created by Izzi Hassan and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-problem-with-the-acf-clone-translation-and-flothemes/

April 13, 2020 at 2:24 pm #5897029

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Hi,

I'm glad to her that you're safe and well!

Thank you for the update. I can definitely download and test the site with updates on our end first.

I will update you once it is complete.

Best,
Izzi

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with the ACF clone/translation and Flothemes’ is closed to new replies.