Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
April 21, 2020 at 9:53 am #5957395

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi, any updates?

April 21, 2020 at 6:50 pm #5962609

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ana,

I am working on this at the moment and will update you once I am done today.

Best,
Izzi

April 23, 2020 at 8:56 am #5974607

ana-paulaL

Hi Izzi, I am waiting for the update.
Thank you.

April 23, 2020 at 9:31 pm #5981577

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ana,

We've tried our best to figure out why those two fields act differently from the rest. FloThemes is using ACF in a very custom way and I'm pretty amazed that WPML is coping as well as it is. At this point, we believe that ACF and WPML are doing their jobs as expected since you are able to translate everything but two fields.

The only workaround we can suggest is to recreate the translated pages from scratch and then connecting them to the original language page after the fact. This seems to separate the translated layout and blocks from the original language page. You can see this on the WPML Test pages on your site where I checked to confirm the behavior is the same as I see.

It is normal to have to "manually" translate in these cases, as you have described by clicking "Overwrite with content..." and "Translate Independently. This is because our Translation Editor cannot see any of the custom fields created by FloThemes.

I think the way you described is the most reliable way you can translate this theme. We could try to make all the fields show up in a Translation Editor but I think you would have new problems with that approach.

So, the best I can offer is that I looked at the fields in that "About 2" layout and the only difference I can see between the text field that is working and the one that isn't is that the not working one is called "title" which could be causing some kind of issue since the page also has a "title" field.

The other field that isn't working is called "text" which could also be a reserved term that causes issues. All the working fields have more complex names.

These are not something that I would be able to modify but perhaps with this information, FlotThemes will be able to spot an issue.

I'm sorry, I'll continue to provide any support I can. Please do reach out to FloThemes and let them know that everything is now working if you copy the fields over except for these two fields. If they need my help with anything, I will try and find a way to communicate with them.

Best,
Izzi

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with the ACF clone/translation and Flothemes’ is closed to new replies.