This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 8, 2015 at 8:01 pm #742104

alessandraV-3

I am trying to: translate the menu "Inicio" into English and Italian as "Home" in the menu section. Furthermore I would like to delete the @it/ @en that appear on the menu bar and next to "Inicio" when you select English or Italian, but it doesn't work.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link (original in ES) + hidden link (EN) + hidden link (IT)

[ removed by WPML Support. Please do not post private details. This is a public area. ]

I don't have access to FTP

I expected to see: The homepage menù as "Inicio" in Spanish, and "Home" in EN and IT. I don't want to see any @it or @en.

Instead, I got: The "inicio" menu doesn't work (only in Spanish by default because since the link is broken it hopes again the homepage). I don't know where that "@" came from and would like to delete it.

November 10, 2015 at 2:07 pm #743503

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

The language extensions are appended when there is no existing translation available at the time of menu syncronisation. However, you should be able to remove this by editing the "navigation label" of the menu item. Have you tried this?

I was unable to connect to your system as your private details were removed for your own safety. I am now opening the private area in case you are still in need of support.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problem with the translated "homepage" menus + design bug with language switcher’ is closed to new replies.