This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 3:32 pm #2821607

prinung

The problem is when i edite product in original language (English), same translated product(arabic ) is changing to English again
Is there any solution for this status

When i have translated products , I duplicated all products then I imported translation by (wp Import all plugin ) by product's ID

October 18, 2018 at 9:23 am #2827400

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can understand, there's a synchronization happening between your original-language product and the translated product.

Please follow the steps below:

1. While you are still in the WordPress dashboard, go to the top and change the language flag to Arabic so that you can access the Arabic dashboard
2. Now go to Products > look for the name of the Arabic translated product, hover over the title of that product and under it click the first "Edit" text link. This should take you to the WordPress edit page
3. Now the normal WordPress editor should open (you might see a notification window telling you "Warning: You are trying to edit a translation using the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor." > this will show if you are using the Classic Translation Editor so if this shows up, click on the "Edit anyway" button)
4. Now on the right side of the screen, at the top, you will see a section called "Language" that has a blue box displaying this information "This document is a duplicate of "page-name" page and it is maintained by WPML. WPML will no longer synchronize this page with the original content." (I am attaching a screenshot of this section, too)
5. Click "Translate independently", wait for the page to refresh and you might see again the "Edit anyway" window so click that button one more time

Now you should be all set up and you should be able to use a different content version of the translated product.

You can now do a quick text and try to add some text in the translated version of the product, save and then make a small edit in the original language. Please see if the translated product is still getting overwritten now.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

October 19, 2018 at 5:56 pm #2832795

prinung

hello,
thank you for your reply

yes, it's solved, but i still need some help .

if i want to bulk editing by import from excel "such as price for all products" via IMPORT ALL PLUGIN
How can i do it ?

i mean how can i do unsynchronization for all or some of products to bulk editing ?
is there any option in the sitting page can i check it ?

thank you again for your time

October 22, 2018 at 2:05 pm #2838336

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there, I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved.

Regarding your second question, currently there is no option/tool in the WPML admin pages for achieving this, however, you can write your custom code for this purpose.

We save this information in the post meta "_icl_lang_duplicate_of". You can remove this post meta, then you can get it.

More resources:
* https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-coding-api/wpml-hooks-reference/
* https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-tables/

Since custom work is not supported, at this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you to please open a new ticket for any additional questions?

This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions faster when searching the forum.

Kind regards,

Mihai