This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
October 3, 2016 at 11:23 am #1106841

Imbera

I am trying to translate all of the product variations from norwegian to english. But when i fill inn the empty fields (screenshot nr.1) all of the fields except from the last disappears when I save and Refresh the site. Just as shown on the second screenshot.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

October 4, 2016 at 7:59 am #1107603

Dat Hoang

We have the issue related to "WCML Translation Editor displays 2 description lines for each variation".

However, this is something different from your case.

#1,
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins - keep WooCommerce active, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

#2,
Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

October 4, 2016 at 9:11 am #1107682

Imbera

Hi,

Thank you!

I have a test site where i test the plugin, since the original site is live and has a lot of customers.

#1 - I have disabled all plugins except woocommerce and WPML, but the problem still appears.

#2 - Here is the debug log, is this right?:

[removed]

October 5, 2016 at 3:28 am #1108497

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your info.

#1,
I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

We'd like to request the permission to disable, enable and install themes and plugins for this site. Please accept this?

#2,
Nope, it's not the log I'm asking.

Can you please take a look and follow my instruction above again?

October 6, 2016 at 4:03 am #1109447

Dat Hoang

#1,
Thanks for your info. However, it looks fine in my testing. Please see my attachment.
The link is hidden link

#2,
If you followed the instruction at http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ , that would be correct.

October 6, 2016 at 6:10 am #1109488

Imbera

Hi,

Thank you.

I see that your product-translation works fine, but if i try to translate any of the other products the values still disappears. Try this one, and you will see my problem when you update the page after saving it:

hidden link

October 6, 2016 at 8:34 am #1109625

Dat Hoang

I can see the issue. That's strange.

Do you use anything special to create these products? E.g: importing it via a plugin?

October 7, 2016 at 2:27 am #1110387

Dat Hoang

Is there any more info?

I've just checked again and it looks like that there is a variation description named "Jck wssv display title #213". It seems related to "WooCommerce Show Single Variations"?

October 7, 2016 at 5:23 am #1110419

Imbera

Hi,

Yes, I´m using a plugin thats called WooCommerce Show Single Variations to show the products variations on the website. But that plugin is deactivated, so I guess that shouldn´t have anything to say now?

October 8, 2016 at 4:26 am #1111160

Dat Hoang

It seems it's related to your issue. Because the error field is from this extension.

#1,
Can you please send the plugin zip file in your next private reply? I'd like to test it on my site.

NOTE:
- You should use a storage service (like Google Drive, Dropbox...) and send the link in the reply.
- Check again and send me the latest version of the plugin.

#2,
Please instruct me a bit how to use/setup this extension to have the same field in WCML Translation Editor like yours?

---

A side note: This extension is compatible with WPML https://wpml.org/extensions/woocommerce-show-single-variations/

October 17, 2016 at 10:21 am #1116655

Imbera

Hi,

The plugin you sent me is the one that I use on my website. Do you still need the files then?

October 18, 2016 at 3:03 am #1117336

Dat Hoang

Yes, please send me it. I'd like to have its latest version.
We have repo for all plugins but they are mostly out-of-date.

Please let me know this as well:

Please instruct me a bit how to use/setup this extension to have the same field in WCML Translation Editor like yours?
October 18, 2016 at 6:54 am #1117400

Imbera

OK, Thank you.

I don´t get the field for sending a private message. Could you please open the private connection?

October 18, 2016 at 10:17 am #1117610

Dat Hoang

I'm sorry. You can update your previous private reply.

I installed the Duplicator plugin and created a package. Is that fine if I use it?
I will get a copy of that plugin and try to debug the issue on our server. Is that still ok?

October 19, 2016 at 5:15 am #1118225

Dat Hoang

Thanks for your info.

Your site is acting very strange.

I disable all plugins except WPML plugins, WooCoomerce and "WooCommerce Show Single Variations".

After that, I follow your steps above, but I can not see the variation information in WCML Translation Editor.

I needed to switch to a default theme then I can see the variation information to translate.

It looks like this somehow is related to your theme as well. I need to check more and get back to you later. If you have more info, please let me know.