This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by The Smalls 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 16, 2018 at 10:56 am

The Smalls

Hi, in the web page
<removed by WPML >

I'm experiencing a problem. After updating (wpml, woocommerce etc), some custom fields added by a plugin (booster.io) cant be translated and are in the state of copy.
Before the update i had translated the custom tabs that the plugin insert in the product and was ok.
Now even though i've set the fields to "translate" are working like "copy", when i change a text in the main language (greek) the text is changed in the secondary language (english). When i change english text in these fields and save nothing is being saved in the english translation.
I've set the fields to "translate" in wpml->settings-> show system fields

Also i'm using native woocommerce product translation and in woocommerce the english version of these fields are in greek. When i go to woocommerce->woocommerce multilingual the english translations are there.
In the front page it shows only greek.
I'm attaching the screenshots.

Is there a way to be able to translate these fields?

July 17, 2018 at 6:30 am #2529462

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I installed the "Booster for WooCommerce" plugin onto a fresh local installation and was able to replicate and confirm the behaviour that you are describing.

Concretely, the custom product tabs are duplicating the custom field content from the original product and it overwrites any kind of translation that might have been entered.

This is a compatibility issue with the plugin and current versions of WPML. I will need to escalate this to our compatibility team. Here is the process that will now happen:

- I will send a snapshot of the local installation with the problem
- The team will investigate the problem and if possible either suggest a workaround or a fix
- This fix will be forwarded to the plugin author with an invitation to join our GoGlobal program where they will receive full support to implement the suggested fixes to their code to achieve compatibility with WPML.
- The process to make a plugin compatible can take long as it depends greatly on the availability and the willingness of the plugin author to work with our team.

Note: it is not our policy to fix/modify code that has not been written by our own programmers. While we are happy to share any workaround we might find, it will need to be implemented by you and we will not commit to maintaining or supporting the code. The final fix in compatibility tickets must come from the plugin author and is ususally delivered to you via a new release of their plugin.

Do you have any quesitons before I escalate this compatibility problem to our team?

July 17, 2018 at 7:49 am #2529579

The Smalls

Hi, i understand that you 're not responsible of fixing other plugin problems.
You may forward the problem to your team and plugin author, if it's possible to remove the url and screenshots from the post.

best regards,

July 17, 2018 at 9:06 pm #2530950

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Your ticket has now been escalated to the compatibility team for further analysis.

July 18, 2018 at 11:00 am #2532177

The Smalls

Hi, the author contacted me with a working version of the plugin.
Thank you for your help, you may close the ticket.
best regards,