This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was having issues with the last WPML updates, admin in the secondary levels returns 404 errors Solution: The issue was caused by W3 Total Cache

Tagged: 

This topic contains 49 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vladimirN-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 11:47 am #3896723

vladimirN-2

Thank you, the problem with the www prefix is ​​fixed. But I still need to fix the update problem. The last update stopped working on hidden link. It was necessary to make a restoration from the back. Are updates necessary?

May 27, 2019 at 11:51 am #3896807

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Please elaborate on this issue more, I am not sure to understand your needs here.

I visited the provided link and it gives a 404 Error, which seems normal as the English site is available in this URL hidden link

Please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

May 27, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3899677

vladimirN-2

Hello,

Problem is with update WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML media. After their last update I had big problems, since then I am not updating. Is it necessary to update them or can I leave them?

May 27, 2019 at 4:54 pm #3899763

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

It is necessary to update the plugins, we only offer support for the latest releases of WPML.

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem (update WPML CMS and Media Translation).
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

I activated the Duplicator private box to share the file URL securely.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 3, 2019 at 10:11 am #3941305

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I only activated the Duplicator box in order to share the debug.log file safely.

Please ask your hosting provider to create a copy of your website in a subfolder like hidden link
Then activate PHP debugging on it and let us work on it until we can get this done before performing it on the production server.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 8, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3981073

vladimirN-2

backups are created up to three weeks back, so copy is not needed, right?
I activated PHP debugging.

June 10, 2019 at 8:20 am #3985823

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

It is good to have backups. It is also recommended to perform updates on a staging site before updating the live server. You can also try to update a local copy of your site before updating the live server.

PHP debugging did not generate any errors right now, hidden link still returns 404 instead of the log file. You may need to update the plugins to force the generation of the error. Then share the content of the debug file.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 10, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3989627

vladimirN-2

I have bacups done. Can you make a secure update yourself?

June 11, 2019 at 8:55 am #3993411

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I activated the private box, please provide credentials to log in to your backend.
I may need to install File Manager and Duplicator plugins if needed.

Would you also provide more details, on what was not working after the update, i would like to check that before returning back to you.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 12, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4005143

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I wanted to take a Duplicator copy to test the update locally, but the package build failed. See the attached image.

I did not want to perform the update directly on the live site to avoid any crashes that I would not be able to resolve quickly. So, I installed the File Manager plugin and activated PHP debugging for the website.
Please perform an update of WPML plugins, and visit the secondary domains to reproduce the error. If there are any errors, please share the content of wp-content/debug.log file in Pastebin page or on Google Drive, before you restore your website(so we don't lose the content of the file)

Best regards,
Jamal

June 14, 2019 at 5:08 pm #4023123

vladimirN-2

Pleeeeeeeeease is it possible to solve it soon? I can't even edit a page when I switch to an administrative system in another language. Could you at least fix it somehow?

June 17, 2019 at 9:34 am #4033977

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I logged into the backend, and I was not able to access WPML->Languages pages in several tires. Sometimes it worked. Then I was able to access the backend in both domains .cz and .eu.

I activated PHP debugging through FTP to check if there are any errors. We only get one notice

[17-Jun-2019 09:10:20 UTC] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/www/artside.sk/www/artside.sk/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-zasilkovna/includes/class-platba-na-ucet.php on line 287

Maybe you are talking about another issue! What is the issue you are having in the admin in other languages?

Regarding the update issue. Please ask your hosting provider to help you create a dump of your database. And make a zip file of your current site. Then share both files in DropBox or similar service and give me the link to download it. I may build a copy of your website with that. Then I'll try to update Media Translation and check what errors I'll get.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 17, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4037555

vladimirN-2

Yes, that's exactly the problem. Unable to get back to domains cz and eu. Can you fix it? Ok I will try to create a database dump and make a zip file current page

June 19, 2019 at 6:14 am #4048245

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I activated the private reply to share the download link safely.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 20, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4062193

vladimirN-2

After your PHP debugging shows me an error on the page directly in the ordering process. I turned off the debugging and still shows it, so my programmer needs to fix it, which costs me money. When does it finally get everything right? I have so many problems with one stupid update. And it costs me money and a lot of time. Please fix it as soon as possible, let the end of the torment end.