This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tamerm 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 12:05 am #3281595

tamerm

Tell us what you are trying to do?
adding products in the cart and wishlist in arabic
Is there any documentation that you are following?
not really
Is are a similar example that we can see?
go to this link and try adding a product to the cart in arabic hidden link
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

March 8, 2019 at 12:03 am #3287950

tamerm

i tried the solution available here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-woocommerce-problem-add-product-to-cart-but-cart-is-empty/ but i keep getting a popup that i am switching to another language despite the fact that i didn't change it, can i know what me be triggering this?

March 8, 2019 at 4:40 pm #3294272

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Our apologies for the late reply.

If it would be possible to test this in a minimal setup(Switch to default theme and deactivate all other plugins). If not reproduced, please reactivate one-by-one to spot from where come the conflict.

If it does not help, would you please activate PHP debugging and reproduce this error.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem, add arabic product to cart and try to checkout.
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Finally, please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field so i can understand your setup better.
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 11, 2019 at 11:16 am #3310081

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I have made your previous messages as private to be visible only for you and us.

Unfortunately, the debug log provided does not have anything that could lead us to this issue.
Then i tried once again in the arabic website and i was able to add 2 products to the cart and to the Wishlist. I did not continue to create an account. See attached images.

Am i testing with products that does not present this issue. Or the issue was probably solved.
Please provide more details so i can understand this better.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 11, 2019 at 7:56 pm #3316433

tamerm

Hello,
no your testing is correct but the issue appear after refreshing the page, and when i test , i test with a logged in account.

March 11, 2019 at 10:43 pm #3317029

tamerm

also when i enabled the popup that show if the language is switched in the cart, it did show up although i didn't switch the language, should i enable it for you to test it too because i think its related and that was the suggested solution in the link i sent before for another ticket that i found.

March 12, 2019 at 9:06 am #3319659

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I can see the issue with the user provided. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.
Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Can you also paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 13, 2019 at 11:39 am #3332535

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

It is fine for the ftp access for now. After analysing the store a little i think that it needs some tweaks.

Please remember the golden rule, Content(Products, Attributes, Categories, Tags, Brands, etc.) must be created in the default language. Then translated to other languages.

You are having some products created in other languages then the primary. What i can suggest right now, is going through all the actions in WCML->Status->Troubleshooting. Especially stock sync. See attached image.

Please make a backup before performing this action.

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 13, 2019 at 7:09 pm #3337631

tamerm

Hello,
ok i will do that but can i know is the problem going to disappear if i did that and if i did change the default language to arabic will it solve the issue or it will still happen?

March 13, 2019 at 7:29 pm #3337845

tamerm

also can i know what will this do, i mean the troubleshooting step :Sync product stock quantity and status ( synchronizing min stock between translations
will it create a copy for the language that doesn't have the product in it or what will it do exactly?

March 14, 2019 at 8:46 am #3341507

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I did not mean to change the default language, in fact, when using WooCommerce it is not an easy change. As i explained, WooCommerce Multilingual need to have content created first in the primary language.
It is up to you to decide what is the primary language. Then any product that was once created in another language and translated would need some care(remove links between translations, set other languages version as translation of the original language).
For this manipulation, please give me an example of product and i will give you detailed steps to do this.

Regarding the action " synchronizing min stock between translations" in WCML->Troubleshooting. You will need to make a backup(Always useful, to recover in the worst scenario). This action will synchronize stocks between languages, i suspect that the products got removed from the cart because of an out of sync of its stock.

So, as long as you have a database backup, it is ok to run this action. It is also preferable to use a staging site before performing major tasks on the live website.

Finally, if this does not resolve the issue, i will ask help from our 2nd Tier team, but they will ask for detailed steps to reproduce the error(examples of products that present the issue, in what language, etc.)

Let me know the outcome if this troubleshooting action.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 14, 2019 at 12:37 pm #3344441

tamerm

Hello,
ok i didn't mean to change the language , the website owner suggested that if it will help we can do that but ok i will take the backup and do the troubleshooting tonight and we are going to make a staging anyway , also the website isn't live yet we are preparing it be live soon.

March 14, 2019 at 2:09 pm #3345259

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I am sure we will track down this issue and fix.
Let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting action. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

March 14, 2019 at 9:18 pm #3348561

tamerm

hello,
i made the sync as you said but when i try adding for example this product hidden link
it get added then removed , i think the issue still exist

March 14, 2019 at 9:30 pm #3348573

tamerm

i actually noticed something , the product i sent you had no english translation so it didn't stay in the cart on the other hand i tried this product hidden link and it stays in the cart so i think the products that doesn't have the default lang as you mentioned don't stay in the cart, i just need to be sure of it , and is there a way to know the products that needs translation?